Isuzu S05c engine (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi just wandering if anyone has done a s05c engine swap.

Its a common rail 4.6l engine and theres one close to me that a guys selling it looks to have some of the engine loom 1 ecu and another blavk box.

Would i need the entire dash wiring aswell to get it to run?

Would i need the key and ignition swtich for the immobiliser or can that be bypassed some how.?

Also its 24v whereas my bj70 is 12volt so i will have to figure something out for that aswell.

Thanks hope to hear from people that have done this swap

Actualy let me correct what i said. Its not a common rail it has a ECD V4 injection pump sonits still ecu controlled.

Wander if it can be replaced with a mechanical pump

I don’t have any info on it, but that doesn’t seem like an Isuzu engine designation, seems like a Hino one.

X2, it's a Hino/Daihatsu/Toyota engine, found in Hino Duttro and Toyota Dyna. 4613cc, apparently 155 HP but can't determine if the 155 horse is turbo/na

Last edited:
After 2007 these types of engines required the addition of a urea tank which cleans up the emissions. Its somehow connected to a computer and the engine wont go without urea (trublu) in the tank.

Would i need the key and ignition swtich for the immobiliser or can that be bypassed some how.?
I dont think so. The technology is about the same as a landcruiser year for year

Hey, did you get anywhere with the S05c? I'm considering one myself and wondering about the power/weight ratio. Looking to haul a camper body on a dual-cab and need the extra torque, but still trying to keep the platform as light as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom