ISO: Steering Bracket for my 1989 Crawler... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Josey1972

SILVER Star
Threads
Any chance anyone would have one of these they’d be willing to part with? If not any good places to look for one? I posted on a couple of Facebook pages and mud. Marlin wont let you buy or sell until you have a certain number of posts. My issue is I don’t have much to talk about, I just need some parts.
View attachment 2032194

Won't let me open the attachment.
What steering bracket is it?

Won't let me open the attachment.
What steering bracket is it?
I asked for the post to be removed. After thinking through it I realized the hi steer set up changes everything. Since I’m trying to get this truck a little more road worthy I’m trying to figure out how to get the play out of the steering . I’m going to have to do a little shade tree engineering I think.

That truck works really well on the trails.
We can have a look during hoedown if you haven't gotten it by then.

That truck works really well on the trails.
We can have a look during hoedown if you haven't gotten it by then.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

If that truck still has heim joints on the steering that could be part of the issue. They get sloppy much more quickly than tie rod ends. They may just need to be replaced

I’m new to this truck and I forgot about the hi steer kit changing up the steering box. I think I will need to do a little shade tree bracket to steady the shaft.

If that truck still has heim joints on the steering that could be part of the issue. They get sloppy much more quickly than tie rod ends. They may just need to be replaced
Its actually not slop in the steering as you would normally think of sloppy steering. The steering it self is nice and tight, it is the lack of support where the steering shaft goes through the firewall because of the modified steering. The only time you really feel it is in tight binds on trails. TJ (josey1972) is wisely just trying to avoid possible additional wear from this over time. He wants to drive it on the road where I did not.

Thanks Tom, I didn't do a good job of getting my point across. Thanks for clarifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom