Is this possible? Advice please... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I would like to know if it's possible to adjust my front bilstein 5100s with a lifted spring. I have lifted the truck with all dogs offroad springs in the front that gave a 1.75 inch lift and the rear 2.5 inch lift. So you see there is a very noticeable rake, but lately I've noticed the front has lowered down more making the rake unbearable. What I would like to know if it is possible to adjust the bilstein 5100s by moving the spring seats to the first groove so the truck can get a little bit of lift, (0.67 inch lift) to be exact? Can this be done with lifted springs? Also can this be done with OEM UCAs since this will probably net me about 2.3
20210227_180244.jpg
lift in the front. If not, I'll purchase new UCAs to accommodate the extra height.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

it's possible to adjust your front bilstein 5100s with a lifted spring. Only needs to move the perch clip up. As far as UCA's, for that height, I suggest a replacement with an adjustable one in order to get an alignment within specs.

it's possible to adjust your front bilstein 5100s with a lifted spring. Only needs to move the perch clip up. As far as UCA's, for that height, I suggest a replacement with an adjustable one in order to get an alignment within specs.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking at these ones on Amazon. They have good reviews and guys with our trucks have installed them on their trucks. What do you think?
Freedom Offroad
4.8 out of 5 stars 97Reviews

Freedom OffRoad Front Upper Control Arms for 2-4” Lift 2003+ 4Runner 2007+ FJ​

I’ve always heard that lift springs should be run on the zero notch on 5100s. Moving the perch on the shock preloads the springs more. Another option if you don’t want to do that is a top hat spacer. They lift approx double the thickness of the spacer so you could run 1/4 or 3/8 spacers to get 1/2 or 3/4 respectively.

hard to tell if you “need” ucas to align within spec, it seems like each individual vehicle is a little different.

Last edited:
I’ve always heard that lift springs should be run on the zero notch on 5100s. Moving the perch on the shock preloads the springs more. Another option if you don’t want to do that is a top hat spacer. They lift approx double the thickness of the spacer so you could run 1/4 or 3/8 spacers to get 1/2 or 3/4 respectively.

hard to tell if you “need” ucas to align within spec, it seems like each individual vehicle is a little different.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking at these ones on Amazon. They have good reviews and guys with our trucks have installed them on their trucks. What do you think?
Freedom Offroad
4.8 out of 5 stars 97Reviews

Freedom OffRoad Front Upper Control Arms for 2-4” Lift 2003+ 4Runner 2007+ FJ​

I got that UCA's installed in my truck right now with OEM Springs. No complaints at all.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

for spacers? I like headstrong off-road, good company to deal with, free shipping, and their spacers are anodized black. I’m sure there are other options that are cheaper however, anything that fits a 4Runner, Tacoma, FJ cruiser of the same gen will fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom