Is this level of rust on a GX 470 worrisome? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at an 09 GX 470. These are pictures posted that show the undercarriage. I have not seen the vehicle in person. The picture of the spare and the corrosion on the rim is what concerns be me the most. Is this rust something to be worried about?

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 12.43.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 12.42.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 12.42.59 PM.png

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but that looks like primarily surface rust to me from the pics you have. Obviously you'll need to check in person carefully and see if there's anything more alarming that the pictures don't show...

I'd love to see radiator support/frame rail/rear frame crossmember photos to give it my blessing, but judging by what I'm seeing it looks like surface rust or a bit more. Nothing to be concerned with...

The corrosion on the wheels is typical, my 70k mile example has the coating peeling off of a few of the wheels as well.

We would have to see photos of the frame as mentioned above. What you posted are just road wash areas prone to surface rust, even in mildest of winter environments. Front skid gets hit by rocks and crud and the rear spare has been hit by road wash and probably never been removed from the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom