Is this bad rust on a first gen underside? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_5994.jpeg
IMG_5993.jpeg
IMG_5998.jpeg
IMG_5997.jpeg
IMG_5996.jpeg

What does it look like on the boxed parts up by the cats?

Body mounts don't look awesome, and cancer is definitely starting but does not look to be past the point of no return.

If your truck, I'd get it back on a lift and blast about a gallon of woolwax onto everything but the exhaust, brakes, and cv boots.

What does it look like on the boxed parts up by the cats?

Body mounts don't look awesome, and cancer is definitely starting but does not look to be past the point of no return.

If your truck, I'd get it back on a lift and blast about a gallon of woolwax onto everything but the exhaust, brakes, and cv boots.
I was looking at buying it but backed out. Looked a little too bad for my tastes And had some other expenses dropped in my lap. Thanks for the reply.

Looks like a lot of rust to me. Sounds like you decided to pass. I wouldn't touch it unless it was REALLY cheap. The sill plate rust is enough to scare me away.

Also - this:
1681495861536.png

I would say that is pretty decent for a midwest truck. Mine is a touch worse with 235k.

Totally agree with the above comments - I wouldn't consider it if they were selling for big money. Mine was like $3k and will probably never be a DD or a heavy hauler. I hosed mine down with fluid film in the sketchy spots. Thankfully the power steering pump leaked forever before I got it so the passenger side frame looks decent near the motor.

I would say that is pretty decent for a midwest truck. Mine is a touch worse with 235k.

Totally agree with the above comments - I wouldn't consider it if they were selling for big money. Mine was like $3k and will probably never be a DD or a heavy hauler. I hosed mine down with fluid film in the sketchy spots. Thankfully the power steering pump leaked forever before I got it so the passenger side frame looks decent near the motor.
Yeah, I passed on the truck. It was a little expensive anyway. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom