Ironman Bumnper question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the main difference between the classic and the premium? I was told the classic was more sleek in look as it wrapps around more but I do not see that difference in the pictures. For those that have install the classic or the premium, please chime in. Thanks in advance.

The Classic appears to have a stepped rise to the outer wings where the Premium is flat across the main section. Also, the Classic doesn't have provisions for parking sensors or front facing camera (not really an issue on the GX460).

Thanks Tex. I did not realize that the classic does not have the parking sensor holes. I like the angle look that comes with the Classic but would definitely want the sensors reinstalled. Is it possbile to drill and mount the parking sensor to the classic or does it need some kind of adaptor to mount the sensors.

They come with a plastic insert that sticks on from the inside and then uses a screw down clamp to hold it in but you have to shim it yourself. It's kind of a crap design IMHO. You could drill the Classic bumper and use double sided tape or create your own mount, but I am not sure what all that would entail.

I am open to ideas on how to mount the sensors. I wonder how hard it would be to drill out the holes for hte sensors through the bumper.

A a few drill bits should do it, they aren't large enough to warrant a hole saw. Securing them to the backside and keeping them flush will be the larger obstacle.

Headlight washers remain on the plastic facia after you cut the front bumper. That part stays along with the grille.

Tex, did you take any pics of your bumper install. I was working on my classic install tonight and did not trim enough off. How close did you get to the parking sensors or did you take them out?

I removed the parking sensors and installed them on the Ironman bumper. Sorry, lost all of the pics I took back then, new phone shenanigans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom