Iran story latest Trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdtoyotaowner.com
Heya Todd,

Enjoyed the Iran story hugely; I married a Persian girl and in fact was married twice, once in a Muslim ceremony so Iranian officials would let us stay in hotels, rooms, etc together--in Iran, they don't always recognize western/Christian certificates if you are married to an Iranian. Anyway, I know those cities and towns well. Great pics and story. I've seen Karin's work and it's good. My father-in-law also enjoyed it, of course. Seeing the home country made him cook up a Persian feast like no other--lamb, chicken, and beef, plus rice, potatoes, yoghurt with cucumber, oh man--there are benefits to marrying into a Persian family! He did the Rubicon with me last year; this year he's coming with a BBQ on the back of the 80, so stop by for the real meal Persian deal!

My wife's sister, Nooshin, made a film called "Young Republic" that shows the real side of Iranian life, like Karin's story did as well. The populace as a whole are young--70% of Iran is under 30. They are great people, regardless of age. (The government of course is quite another story). Here's a link to the film and also free podcasts that show cool vignettes of Iranian life that many of us never see over here at all.

NOOSHIN.NET

Thanks again for a great story. You warmed some hearts (and stomachs) over here!

بعدأ میبینمتممنون

this is some cool stuff, i am iranian, dad would love to see this, thanks for posting and hope to see ya on the trails!!

I am an American and also enjoyed Nooshin.net as well as Karin's article. David, thanks for the info.

Cool, thanks badass and Wyo, and I'll pass the word on the Nooshin. Todd doesn't read/respond to these threads I guess? Thought he was the editor, is he not anymore?

متوجه نمیشوم

Hmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom