Builds Introducing Princess Buttah' Cup...... AKA the wifes' new DD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been travelling a ton but Duc (Duggy's Garage) and Victor at Master Autobody have been busy help get the rig almost finished up ( Minus one turbocharger.......)

finally installed the Photoman Alt kit and Tundra 150 alt - very impressed and am hoping to finish up the dual batt kit w/ Slee relo kit and Blue seas ACR, along with some really clean leads from Mark (Fourrunner).... hoping to have pics this weekend once finished and it stop raining...

WKOR sliders with a top filler at 10 degrees made the wife happy - and the Powwdercoat is really impressive.

We replaced all the door seals and window runs and she's noticeably quieter.... the Fattmat helps as well.

baseline is fully done pending a MAF .... very happy to have the rear heater out to make room for an inverter.

Depots had the surround sprayed black and installed using a Slee harness and 80w lows/ 130 w highs.... very impressed !

4x4 rear is arriving next week and that should finish the exterior mods...

and then wiring the lights/ switches and stereo are the final steps ..... hoping to have her all dialed for an early november trip to Big Bend.

a few pics of some of the progress.

IMG_3187.JPG
IMG_3188.JPG
IMG_3189.JPG
IMG_3190.JPG

oh boy..... i did the JKUR penalty box thing as well once....even with everything Metalcloak made on it it jsut never felt right, even as capable as it was..... so happy to be back into an 80 even coming form a fully built 200. It has soul and charechter that the 200 missed, in spite of it's amazing motor and great suspension...
the spoiler is a JDM version I'm trying out.... found one in turkey on fleabay for cheap....!

E

it's been a slower build than epected as buying a new house took a lot of time and $ away from the 80, but she's almost there.....the labs rear bumper came in and I'm finally tackling all the 2nd batt and lights wiring this week...

a huge thanks to Duc at Duggy's Garage for knocking out many of the things I've added recently

impressed with the delta rear bracket - it seems to have smoothed out the rear end shift over bumps...
and very happy with the Photoman bracket and Sequoia 150amp alt....

heading over to hill country and Big Bend next week to finally use her....
IMG_0310[1].JPG
IMG_0313[1].JPG
IMG_0314[1].JPG
IMG_0312[1].JPG

Are those the 10 degree white knuckle sliders?
yep - they're the 10 degree with the plates.... a bit easier for the wife and dog than the larger angled versions, my wife ddin't like the 20 degree ones on the 200.

I think they're the 17x9's - need to see if I can find the order to verify.... seem to have lost the receipt... Vin at SCS would know ofr sure. they fit the 315's perfectly..

Brown delivered a few last things to finish off the build - hoping the rain stops enough

installing the yotateq burrito box and Slee's AC skid plate and some other last things...

IMG_0378.JPG
to get it done today .... we've had 8 inches and counting so far !

I've been slacking on posting anything on the 80 build, but did finally pull the trigger on the engine cooling setup..... getting the placement right took a bit but we minimized the structural cutting..... will likely fab up up some drains for the scoop to direct water and maybe the RR vents as well - the Z34 vents I used on my other 80 had them so think I can come up with something close... these aren't finished yet but should be all gasketed and dialed in tomorrow...

it's been 100 for 2 weeks almost - so should be able to get a sense quickly of if there's any significant temp change on the Scanguage...
IMG_3939.JPG
IMG_3940.JPG
IMG_3942.JPG

a few updates.... finally got 4 days in Big Bend to put the LC thru it's paces...... very happy and it amde the 1500 mile trip without issue, and even rolled 200k on the way ( and I missed the photo op....)

liking the S-Tech controller for the price - got all my lights wired up, but ran out of time to get it cleanly installed into the Wits End useless Ashtray filler..... hope to knock that out Sunday ...

but the lights were worth their weight in gold in the dark .... with the Lp6's, and S2's on the hood it tossed a full 180 degrees of light 250' to the side and a mile plus to the front... the Rigids are nice filler and throw well to the side when running on the road, and have a cutoff that didn't seem to hit oncoming cars - but I think if I did had to go thru the cutting and misc, I'd just do 2 pairs of BD S2's or Squadrons with different lenses...

The Massive Hood brackets proved to be super solid and with the ant. down had almost no light reflection off the hood...

Big bend is massive.... we rented a house out of Terlingua a ways -
IMG_20200117_152602540.jpg
IMG_20200115_125723333_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200114_073947820.jpg
IMG_20200114_142244052_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200114_142047218.jpg
and that and the dogs limited some of our exploration but we found lot's of roads to run and the way home at night was 7 miles of dirt road... for sure it's worth the trip but I'd budget a full week next time if not more....the weather this time of the year was great, but cannot imagine it in the summer....

I used to own a condo in Lajitas. Spent quite a few summers there as that was the off season when it wasn't rented out as often. Floating the river in an inner tube with a floating cooler is the best way to beat the heat.

Nice trip... thanks for the share.
You had a Bowfin rack, now looks like a ARB.
What made you change it? The ARB looks a lot taller.

I would imagine so ! it was 75 one day and I can't imagine another 40 degrees hotter ! Amazing area that I look forward to revisiting with a few other rigs, and a better place to leave the dogs during the day for trips( or visiting without )...... my 100lb puppy has a soft stomach I learned...he didn't like off-camber and bumpy roads.

Took a few pics at the end of my street of the lights.... first is Depo Low.... second is w/ Rigid's

IMG_20200118_191036026.jpg

IMG_20200118_191041552.jpg

then added in the S2's on the Hood
IMG_20200118_191048089.jpg

Then added the Depot High Beams / 80 watt and the Lp6's.... I need to do a longer stretch in a field for better comparison......

IMG_20200118_191051421.jpg
IMG_20200118_191108110.jpg

I loved the quality, service and design of the Bowfin - but always loved the ARB Alloy basket style on an 80, just for ease of securing stuff.... toss it in and a quick lash and it's good to go..... plus I don't take it into the city for work anymore so didn't need to keep height down...

I finally got a replacement surround for the dash /hvac stuff and installed the S-tech into the witsend ashtray lot- it's top mounted vs. fitted as it is taller then the switchpro plate but that actually makes it a bit easier to reach - about to mount the stickers once I get the rack lights and rock lights mounted tonight. impressed with the S-tech for the cost - I've run three S-pod setups and while they were nicer in finish this works really well at a third the cost and is us made as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom