Introducing my new '19 Tundra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been on Mud for a few years for the LC forums, but I figured I would drop in the Tundra forum to show the new Tundra. I sold my '08 200 and my '12 Tundra to upgrade to the new '19. Its very similar to my 2012, but I went for a little extra power this time with the Magnuson Supercharger. :cool:

Ui6DQ2nhMosp3nl8ptp-awyXWJI26F4VXGn91U2XuJtjnUQkdwkkToZrQXswvgB4zUP7xPUX4MtqDykwgnqjdvLXHU-59rGRaZGOLaMSN0---nxuGzVsWlMDaISoNwwirtWKbqjUXA=w1920-h1080

lTmrJdZoFEVE0mrrf97V6qqLVkGHFPEjHSx4448G-p-0vOKzqOVvmL9FmjKAeI8M6LA-0RQoUP3wctjOvFcxyiWmUt6D8maW1MmcnS0Qqo2l88a3HFS8PVxGeaIklidaM9fLx8mrhw=w1920-h1080

"they" say that white is the fastest color! yours has a little extra HP as well i see...

my Sequoia has the TRD supercharger on it, congrats!!!

"they" say that white is the fastest color! yours has a little extra HP as well i see...

my Sequoia has the TRD supercharger on it, congrats!!!

Ha! I made sure that what "they" say is true!

How many miles on your Sequoia with the SC? Any issues?

Ha! I made sure that what "they" say is true!

How many miles on your Sequoia with the SC? Any issues?
My Sequoia just hit 147k. i ran into trouble last year with this vehicle, started getting shift control solenoid and pressure control solenoid Check engine lights, tried swapping out the valve body, but the CELs didn't go away. ended up replacing the whole transmission at 133k, it was toast. Then at 135k, i somehow cracked one of the heads, and the cost to repair was nearly the cost of a new "used" motor. S/C was installed by the previous owner @ 45k miles(in 2010) so it lasted 8 years and 90k miles supercharged, and it was driven, hard at times.

wish i had better news, but after the motor was swapped, the last 12k miles have been perfect. will it last? time will tell. will i baby it, no effing way!

attachment was that fateful day when white smoke was pouring out of the exhaust and i thought she was done forever... but nothing a LOT of money can't fix!

MVIMG_20180420_114945.jpg

My Sequoia just hit 147k. i ran into trouble last year with this vehicle, started getting shift control solenoid and pressure control solenoid Check engine lights, tried swapping out the valve body, but the CELs didn't go away. ended up replacing the whole transmission at 133k, it was toast. Then at 135k, i somehow cracked one of the heads, and the cost to repair was nearly the cost of a new "used" motor. S/C was installed by the previous owner @ 45k miles(in 2010) so it lasted 8 years and 90k miles supercharged, and it was driven, hard at times.

wish i had better news, but after the motor was swapped, the last 12k miles have been perfect. will it last? time will tell. will i baby it, no effing way!

attachment was that fateful day when white smoke was pouring out of the exhaust and i thought she was done forever... but nothing a LOT of money can't fix!

Hey, it even looks good on a flat bed!

I'm doing a few things to try and mitigate the risks. Since it had the SC installed from day one, I followed the strict break in procedure and changed the oil with Amsoil at 2k miles. I plan to change with Amsoil every 5k. I'll change spark plugs every 25k miles. My plan is to replace the diffs and transfer case fluids with Amsoil at 10k miles and every 25k miles thereafter. I will replace the trans fluid with Amsoil at 30k miles and every 50k miles thereafter.

Hopefully a proper tune will become available sooner rather than later, but until then I'm not being too hard on it.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom