Intro...

Discussion in 'Classifieds: Diesel & JDM' started by creature, Feb 20, 2007.

1. creature

creature

Hey everyone, I am new to the website and have just a few posts over in petrol land. I own a couple of FJ's that run on umm...gas:) I am looking at an HJ47 that I found over on the RMC website. It is a 82, looks like a pretty clean rig. I am looking for something to use as my full time work vehicle. I have my own small residential remodeling business and I think it would fit my needs well, be a hell of a lot more fun to drive than my Chevy pickup, and be a nice advertising deal all wrapped up in a nice cruiser pacakge. So, any tips, questions I should be asking about the diesel? Things in particular I should be looking for? I live in Iowa...will winter be a big problem for me, or will keeping it plugged in overnight be sufficient? I had heard that the 4.0L diesel was a bit underpowered...any truth to that? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dave

2. canucksafari

canucksafari

Media:
    Albums:
    Any 4.0 L Japanese diesel has enough power to snatch a stuck Chev, Dodge or Ford 4X4s.:D
    Take it to a diesel mechanic and get them to check it out. A leak down test is mandatory.
    :beer:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.