1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intro...

Discussion in 'Classifieds: Diesel & JDM' started by creature, Feb 20, 2007.

1. creature

creature

Hey everyone, I am new to the website and have just a few posts over in petrol land. I own a couple of FJ's that run on umm...gas:) I am looking at an HJ47 that I found over on the RMC website. It is a 82, looks like a pretty clean rig. I am looking for something to use as my full time work vehicle. I have my own small residential remodeling business and I think it would fit my needs well, be a hell of a lot more fun to drive than my Chevy pickup, and be a nice advertising deal all wrapped up in a nice cruiser pacakge. So, any tips, questions I should be asking about the diesel? Things in particular I should be looking for? I live in Iowa...will winter be a big problem for me, or will keeping it plugged in overnight be sufficient? I had heard that the 4.0L diesel was a bit underpowered...any truth to that? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dave

2. canucksafari

canucksafari

Media:
    Albums:
    Any 4.0 L Japanese diesel has enough power to snatch a stuck Chev, Dodge or Ford 4X4s.:D
    Take it to a diesel mechanic and get them to check it out. A leak down test is mandatory.
    :beer: