Intermittent wipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Engineer8000

CAPE FEAR ELECTRONICS
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Intermittent wipers using the OEM pull type wiper interval wiper switch from @FJ40GURU, A Datsun wiper amp module and sub harness I put together. Plugs directly into old wiper switch plug, just add a switched 12vdc power source. The wiper switch has OFF, INT, SLOW and FAST positions as you pull it out. To select wiper interval I used a toyota pickup fan switch and 3 resistors that gives me three intrval speeds. A potentiometer could also be used for infinite adjustment or a single resistor to ground for a single speed that satisfies you. No mods required to switch or Datsun wiper module or your wiper motor. Plug and play. This was made for my 73.

20190816_115004.jpg

Last edited:
Cool what year / model did it come from

The switch? I believe the 81+ or so 40s had it in other countries. @FJ40GURU may have more info on that.

The datsun module is used in at least early 80s datsun pickup. The key is they are designed to switch on the negative side of the wiper motor like our FJ40s do (up till the early 80s I think). Some for sale on ebay usually most of the time. JIDECO 28890 W7500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom