Intake manifold thread size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the proper thread size for the hole picure?

uploadfromtaptalk1421635580766.jpg

BSPT(British Std Pipe Taper) 27 tpi You might get an NPT fitting to work, but you'd be risking a vac leak.

Easy solution, if you are planning to plug it, is to get an NPT tap in 1/4 inch (iirc) and tap it out to that size. No drilling necessary and plugs are readily available in that size. You could also get a vacuum port like the one next to it in your picture off many Japanese vehicles at the local pick and pull.

Easy solution, if you are planning to plug it, is to get an NPT tap in 1/4 inch (iirc) and tap it out to that size. No drilling necessary and plugs are readily available in that size. You could also get a vacuum port like the one next to it in your picture off many Japanese vehicles at the local pick and pull.

If it's supposed to be the same as the one next to it someone has enlarged the hole in some way. I'm pretty sure the fitting that came out was 3/8's and it was where they had run the pcv to. I'm in the process of swapping out the Weber for a Trollhole and, I was going to try to run the heat shield, but I guess since it's already cracked I'll just keep it setup this way.

Same issue with the larger hole I suspect. I.e. it is the slightly different taper and thread profile BSPT (as opposed to NPT) which is quite rare as far as taps, dies, and plumbing hardware goes. Still, the same options exist..... tap it to NPT, if it isn't already, or go to junkyard/$OR/classifieds/eBay to get the OEM widget.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom