Intake Manifold Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
My GX has been sitting for the last 2 months with only an occasional 10-mile trip to a grocery store a few weeks ago. About a couple of weeks ago I have noticed a quarter-sized drop of coolant on my garage floor right under the back of the engine. As I started looking up from underneath I've noted coolant on the driver side exhaust manifold pipe dripping on the front crossmember. Once I removed the silver plastic engine cover and black plastic covers from both sides of the engine bay, I've noted pink dried coolant residue on the driver side junction of the intake manifold and engine block towards the rear two cylinders. No check engine lights, normal coolant level (shows low in the overflow tank on a cold engine). I think I have a failed intake manifold gasket leak.
With that being said, since I will be removing the intake manifold, should I prepare to replace the Secondary Air Injection System (SAIS) and a starter while I'm there? I have 121k miles on the clock. How long is the life expectancy of the starter? How about secondary air pump and valves?
My plan is just to do the intake manifold gaskets (cheaper route) as the SAIS works properly and there are no codes, lights or change in performance. It is my understanding that replacing the air check valves ($100 each) is a major PITA as they are located towards the back of the engine with nearly zero space between it, wire harnesses and the firewall.
Do you guys have any experience with this?

Some photos to describe what I found...
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

E94E0EA2-8C08-4237-BD22-F4D3FC146304.jpeg

AFE3CB4A-77A7-4F58-B105-21CBA5DE071C.jpeg

DDBB091A-BAB9-4D32-957F-76BB0DAE15A8.jpeg

3C486E1F-880B-40B2-8196-D51C868F3916.jpeg

D6393701-1CB7-428A-970F-5F80707663CC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom