Intake Coolant Leak - Shop Recommendations in DFW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well my coolant loss looks to be pointing to the infamous intake as the culprit. Anyone in the DFW area have any suggestions as to a good shop to use? I've called a couple of shops in the Grapevine area that estimated $2k for the repair plus the waterpump, thermostat, tensioner, belt, etc. $1,200 just for the intake fix alone and $800 for the waterpump. I thought of doing it myself but I hate to work on anything dealing with coolant. Thanks!

$1200 isn't a bad price for the valley plate repair. The new FIPG material is stupid expensive, and they have to take the intake off. Buy once, cry once. It's not a job you should expect to have done more than once in the lifespan of the rig. Lexus shop quoted me $1500, which seemed to be about the going rate for a dealership job. Indy shop should be slightly less.

$1200 isn't a bad price for the valley plate repair. The new FIPG material is stupid expensive, and they have to take the intake off. Buy once, cry once. It's not a job you should expect to have done more than once in the lifespan of the rig. Lexus shop quoted me $1500, which seemed to be about the going rate for a dealership job. Indy shop should be slightly less.
Thanks sounds about right. Local Toyo dealer quoted me $1,700 just for the the coolant leak.

Goode's Off-road in Rowlett does good work.

Ok, Pat I would like to solve the puzzle.........

I also would like to give a shoutout to TLS Auto in Euless, TX. They did a fantastic job for a reasonable price. I also did the waterpump, tensioner, belt, etc. while "in there". Super professional and has all the specialty tools for Toyota and Lexus.

IMG_7444.JPEG

IMG_7445.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom