Installing my son's Ironman Suspension Kit - Come on by! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
unfamedadventure.com
Hey all, my son (Judah) and I are going to install the Ironman Stage 2 Suspension Kit on his 100 series starting tonight (Monday, 3/29/2021), and then each night this week until we finish.🤞

We wanted to do it at the clubhouse with Frank and Tim and the crew, but Sundays have been hard for us. We are going to give it our best shot and see how it goes.

If anyone wants to swing by and "supervise" shoot me a text at (8five8) 226-6237 for the address. We are in PQ and we have beer. :beer:

-Jeff (Beach n Toys' newest member)

Last edited:
1617053371206.png

I so wish I could. It's my youngest kiddos birthday today so can't venture out tonight.

Frank

Well, I got off of work and realized I've never lifted the entire rig off the ground in the driveway (I recently built an office in the garage). The pitch of the driveway is enough that I'm not comfortable jacking the whole rig up.

Anyone have a flat spot where we could work for several evenings this week?

Maybe I'll do it on the street, going to check the legality of that now...

I don't know how sloped your driveway is, but if you have to do it there consider pointing the nose downhill, putting wheel chocks on the front side of the rear tires, then jacking up the front end first and putting those jack stands on a higher setting than the rear supporting jack stands. That's the way I would do it, at least. If your driveway is sloped and curved, that might just be too much. But as long as you have four good jack stands and can get it close to level, and up safely, I think you're good.
Of course, you and your son are getting under the truck, so safety is Priority One. If you don't feel comfortable, simply don't proceed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom