Installed Pertronix more help needed.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bluecruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I installed the Pertonix and flamethrower coil. I am getting power to the coil and I am getting a spark when I momentarily ground the negative side with power going to the coil.

I am still not getting spark though. I have a couple of questions about the install of the Pertronix. I connected the black wire to the negative side of the coil.

I have a question about my next connection, the red wire..I connected it to the wire that the condensor used to be connected to and ran hooked it up to the positive side of the coil. I also hooked the wire that used to go up to the stock ignitor to the positive side of the coil and that is when the coil began to get power.

Do I even need the red wire connected to that red wire that used to connect to the condensor wire from the points?

Do I need to use the small wire with two connectors on it that came with the Pertronix kit, I did not see anything about it in the directions?

I know nothing about wiring but I do have power to the coil, but I do not think it is setup correctly.

I have been informed my dizzy is from an early 70's Landcruiser if that will help you guys out.

Thanks

I just figured out the problem.....my wiring was screwed up. I just ran out in the gargae and changed my wiring around..I ran the red wire directly to the coil...(like the directions said):rolleyes: and turned the key one time and it started right up... It has never started on the first turn before...I think I am a Pertronix fan already..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom