Installed Drawers and Now it is a Slip and Slide Back There (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Everything I put on top of the drawers slides all over during acceleration, turns and braking. I assume it is the cheap/poly indoor/outdoor type carpet they used to cover them. Does anyone sell a rubber mat that will fit wall to wall on ARB type drawers?

Everything I put on top of the drawers slides all over during acceleration, turns and braking. I assume it is the cheap/poly indoor/outdoor type carpet they used to cover them. Does anyone sell a rubber mat that will fit wall to wall on ARB type drawers?

I don’t have that problem... 😬
See here:

People tease about my crazy tie-down tracks, but truthfully, it is awesome havingnearly infinite tie-down point/spacing selection. It means any size or shape item is easy to tie appropriately without having to rely on awkward strap angles.

Know, too, that velcro hook material sticks to ARB carpet. SoConsider cargo organizers that have velcro hook panels on the bottom. Very effective for movement/slide control.

Last edited:
Check these out too...

STAYHOLD Mini Car Trunk Organizer, Adapts to Hold Any Size or Shape Item | Sticks to Carpet with Hard Gripping VELCRO Brand Technology | Cars, Trucks, SUV, Minivan & Boats | Size Sm - Mini, Gray Amazon product ASIN B071VMKH7H

Ha. Clickbait was unintended. Maybe a dirty mind I suppose.

I am talking about everyday stuff like groceries, guns in cases when we go to the farm to shoot, a whisk broom. I want like a half inch piece of rubber. Is there a vendor out there?

OTOH re Slip-n-Slide drawers...
I say... WHY NOT? :hillbilly:
59528368-6AA3-4378-A8BD-71ABFB9E7F9C.jpeg

Last edited:
Ha. Clickbait was unintended. Maybe a dirty mind I suppose.

I am talking about everyday stuff like groceries, guns in cases when we go to the farm to shoot, a whisk broom. I want like a half inch piece of rubber. Is there a vendor out there?
If you are looking for something that is 1/2" or so rubber, try going down to your local farm type store (names vary based upon location. ie. Farm and Fleet, Fleet and Farm, D&B Supply, etc) and pick up some rubberized mats made for horse trailers. Those are very tough, rubber, and can be cut to fit. I have one on the back patio under my grill to keep grease from marking up the concrete.

If you are looking for something that is 1/2" or so rubber, try going down to your local farm type store (names vary based upon location. ie. Farm and Fleet, Fleet and Farm, D&B Supply, etc) and pick up some rubberized mats made for horse trailers. Those are very tough, rubber, and can be cut to fit. I have one on the back patio under my grill to keep grease from marking up the concrete.
Great idea! I had one in my truck bed for a long time and it worked great, although I think mine was a bit thicker (made to pad stall floors). I think the one I had had a bit of a strong odor.

Another idea might be a remnant from a garage floor covering - maybe a local flooring supplier or eBay? You only need around 40", so I bet a 4'x5' scrap would get the job done.

One last thought is whether yoga mats might get the job done. They're nicely padded rolls of thin foam.

Sea Deck works great.

Ordered some think, black yoga pads. I will let you know how they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom