Installation Compustar Remote Starter + Window Roll-up Module (DEI 535T) + Slide roof (DEI 529T) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

CAR Model – Toyota Landcruiser 2009 Model - PTS

I am trying to achieve the below as a DIY supervised project, help from guys of knowledge and experience is much appreciated as I would like to have it all figured out before I start. My objectives are:

1. Remote Starter with Max range. Have decided to go with compustar FT-7200s-cont with idatalink Blade ALCA module using Compustar Pro T12 remote.

2. DEI 535T to control all windows up down and vent, preferebly wired to the driver side control module. As in link below:

3. DEI 529T to control moonroof to open and close and vent, wired to the overhead control module. As in link below:

4. Aux functions of the remote to vent the vehicle - to be wired to achieve as in below video
Comfort Window Venting

5. Tailgate lift function from third party: as in link below.
Toyota Landcruiser Power Liftgate Softclose
The kit uses original unlock signal for remote control (3x click unlock button), that is 3x positive voltage pulse.

Greatly appreciate all help make it work.

Below are links to manuals I have collected to go about the installation:

Manual (FT-7200s-Cont):
MASTER GUIDE. CM7200 Remote Start System V 3.15.pdf

Blade ALCA Manual:
BLADE-AL(DL)-TL3-EN_20150702.pdf

DEI 535T Manual:
DEI535T.pdf

DEI 529T Manual:
529T.pdf

Tailgate Installation Manual:
Toyota Landcruiser Manual V4.2.4.pdf

LC 200 Wiring information:
2008ToyotaLand_Cruiser.pdf

LC 200 Power Windows Wiring Diagram:
pw.pdf

LC 200 Wiring Sliding Roof Diagram:
sr.pdf

Some Options I have considered:

option 1:

This guy seems to have wiredup all his windows through the harness on the driver side... is this is possible/easily achievable on my LC for the 535Ts?

Option 2:

is to use techstream to program the windows and sunroof. in this case would i be able to cross wire the original factory alarm and the FT 7200 to send lock and unlock signals from FT7200 to trick the factory alarm? From what i have read not sure if the window can go back up due to safety issue. for me this seems to be the simplest solution if the options are available.

TIS Techstream - Customization Options for LC200

Option 3:

is to get a OBD stick as shown here : Tricking this module as in option 2 above?

US $37.5 25% OFF|Chuangxiang OBD Auto Window Closer Closing Module For Toyota Land Cruiser 200 LC200 Accessories 2008 217-in Signal Lamp from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

What do you think i should pursue from above options.....

Below is a diagram of what I have figured out from my readings.. to connect the CM7200 to the DEI 535T

How do i know if i need a relay or not?

Do i need to connect the lines crossed out?

upload_2019-1-19_21-44-13.png

Last edited:
and below is my understanding of how to connect DEI 535T to FT-DC3-LC

Still need to figure out if i need a relay?

Do i need to connect the lines crossed out in red?

Can FT-DC3-LC trigger trunk opening using Compustar T12 remote?

upload_2019-1-19_21-49-4.png

Does anyone have a picture of the driver side window control unit with all connections wires showing and marked up ?

Hmmm some progress on my understanding.

LC200 has a multiplex system and so this means that i will have to run the wires to doors where the switched and motors are and cannot have all the connections done at the multiplex. SO i have revised the diagram for connecting the DEI 535T to FT-DC3-LC.

Waiting or some expert to confirm i am going in the right direction and clarity on below:

1. Do we need a relay?

2. Do we need to do the lines crossed out in red?

3. Can we trigger trunk release output from the FT-DC3?

4. What functions are available for programming in auxiliaries? how would i achieve venting, ie partial opening?

5. Considering between CM7200 and FT-DC3-LC remote starters. If trunk release can be achieved from FT-DC3-LC. is there any other reason why i would need to go for the CM7200?

DEI 535T to FT-DC3-LC V1.jpg

Last edited:
The OBD 2 Module arrived and works flawlessly. The package said 2010-2015 but works fine on my 2008 LC. THe installation was pretty easy - plug and play.

US $37.5 25% OFF|Chuangxiang OBD Auto Window Closer Closing Module For Toyota Land Cruiser 200 LC200 Accessories 2008 217-in Signal Lamp from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

• It lowers the 4 windows on 3 unlock from either remote.
  • and closes the 4 windows on exiting the car and 1) pressing the lock button on either remote when security is armed or 2) locking the car via any of the door lock buttons on the outside handle or trunk side and the security is armed
  • The window automatically closes after the auto time set for factory security rearm

Above features are helpful and a major part of my requirements being of course to be able to remotely open and close the windows. The limitation are that
1) the car is unlocked when window is down and
2) Window goes down all the way no venting possible. I think it stops if we press the remote in the middle but closes when reaching the auto set time for security rearm.
3) you need to have a visual i.e, be close to the car to know whats happening and make sure your car is safe. basically even when you are in range you have to keep an eye on the car, so would have to step out of house if car is parked on the street.
4) Auto closes when security is armed after the set time. I guess for a cold climate this would not be needed or works in the favor. but being where i am we need to vent the car to let the heat and warm air out. It get pretty hot inside in the middle east.

And the techstream cable is on the way. and from what i have read, the above functions should work from techstream too. doubtful on the window closing on rearm. anyways I'll update on the options from techstream and how it goes.

You can use Techstream to program the car to roll the windows up or down using the key fob. No need for a separate module.

Thanks Hrtrob.... for the confirmation.

I think i have to go back to square one about my understanding of the window roll-up units and the Window circuitry on my LC 200. Maybe I am completely wrong about this.

I believe that 535T/529T are not intelligent units i.e, they only provide power to the required Up/Down circuits for the motor and the windows go up or down. So these would be not compatible with a system that uses signals to communicate between the switch and motor. ???

Now i need to figure out what the LC has. I have extracted below diagrams from the repair manual for the power windows. Hope someone can clear up my understanding of the 535T/529T modules.

As i read from below diagrams the Power is coming in from batteries and the multiplex communicates to the the 3 door switch assemblies through LIN. It seems to be the only wire going common to all the switches.

upload_2019-1-27_20-18-33.png

upload_2019-1-27_20-19-19.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom