Builds Install Pics of ARB Rear Lockers, ICON Rear Lower Control Arms, etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well the install went fine, except for a part with the lockers. I will explain that later in the thread.

Here is what was installed:

OME 2" Lift
ARB Rear Locker
ARB High Capacity Compressor
ICON Rear Lower Control Arms

Here is a pic of the rear differential with the AIR LOCKER Cable coming in from the top

IMG00041.jpg

Another pic from the outside of the rear passenger wheel showing the air cable going in and also of the OME Rear Shock:

IMG00040.jpg

The final install of the Compressor Button and Rear Locker Button:

IMG00039.jpg

The ARB Compressor (bottom is forward). It is installed behind the main fuse area on the drivers side of the LC. It fit perfectly there.

IMG00037-1.jpg

Picks of the ICON Rear Lower Control Arms installed:

IMG00036.jpg

A Pic of the OLD OEM Differential:

IMG00038-1.jpg

As I mentioned at the start there were no large issues. The only thing that was a problem was the solenoid that came with the lockers for the compressor.

The relief valve is stuck open. It will lock the lockers, but will not disengage them. I have to disconnect the blue air line from the solenoid to unlock them.

We called arb and they will have a new solenoid to the install shop on Friday. Not a big deal.....

I will take some more pics of the next day or two so that the lift can be seen.

It looks alot more level then the way I had it before. Rides TONS better!

I am sooooooo happy with this install and the shop that did it.

It was Off Road Warehouse in Temecula, CA. Ask for Trevor and make sure Brian does the install! Tell them Mitch sent you!

looks great. when's the next time you'll take that thing out? rig looks good. now you need some MEAN tires

Those switches look good! I'm not at my cruiser right now, but were there dummy plates on both sides of the side mirror adjustments? Looks great! I'm guessing if you got a front locker you would either find a new switch location or use the same switch for both?

You have to tell us how you like having the locker over using the ABS to hold a tire for the LSD.

Also, in that pic above, what's with the adjustment bolt on the end of the LCA? I'm sure it is strong enough, but it sure doesn't look like it. Threaded bolts are easy to sheer when they are exposed like that. I'm just wondering if you think it matters. Maybe it's in such a location that it could never hit rock???

Those switches look good! I'm not at my cruiser right now, but were there dummy plates on both sides of the side mirror adjustments? Looks great! I'm guessing if you got a front locker you would either find a new switch location or use the same switch for both?

You have to tell us how you like having the locker over using the ABS to hold a tire for the LSD.

Also, in that pic above, what's with the adjustment bolt on the end of the LCA? I'm sure it is strong enough, but it sure doesn't look like it. Threaded bolts are easy to sheer when they are exposed like that. I'm just wondering if you think it matters. Maybe it's in such a location that it could never hit rock???

Yes they were installed in the blank slots. When they come out with a front locker, I will move the rear locker button down one slot.

You cannot use only one locker button for both the front and rear. They have separate ones.

That LARGE threaded bolt is for extending the arm. It is for BOTH the FJ and LC. So you have to get the right length for the LC.

It is about 1" thick threaded bolt....I am not worried about it shearing or breaking. Plus it seems like a thin and I mean 1/2 thin rock would have to hit in the threads and THEN the LC would have to come down with SUCH force to even come close to hurt it.

Plus I am going to get some armour for the front and backs of it :)

See here:

FJ Cruiser Lower Link Skid

and here for the rear shocks:

FJ Cruiser Lower Shock Skids

Since it is the same arms as the FJ, I am going to assume (for a $90 chance) that these will work. If they will fit the FJ, I don't see any reason they would not fit the LC.

A few bucks of protection now saves a hell of alot of headache on the trail!

Hope that answers your questions.

May we get a pic of the whole rig now it seats higher?
Thanks.:cheers:

May we get a pic of the whole rig now it seats higher?
Thanks.:cheers:

I will post some pics tomorrow.

UPDATE:

I got the new solenoid put in today and everything works great now with the locker.

They also did two other things:

Attached a chuck to the other compressor outlet. So now I can use it to pump up my tires in an emergency (I will use the powertank normally). I have to admit it was faster then I thought for airing up a tire from 15psi to 45. Took about 2-3 min. Not the fastest, but still, not bad to me.

They also drilled a hole in my ARB bumper for my CB antenna. After lifting it and also realizing that I needed at least a 4 foot antenna, there would not be a way for me to fit in my garage having it off the back hatch. So we drilled a whole in the bumper and placed it there. Looks pretty good actually.

Overall.....wow, I am happy!

Next project:

More the carbon canister, which is currently ABOVE the spare tire. This is in preparation for a Long Ranger AUX gas/water tank.

Also a 2nd battery addition. Trying to figure out a place for the power steering pump.

More the carbon canister, which is currently ABOVE the spare tire. This is in preparation for a Long Ranger AUX gas/water tank.

Which are you going with do you think? More gas or water tank?

Also a 2nd battery addition. Trying to figure out a place for the power steering pump.

Trust me, you're going to need that pump! :hillbilly: :flipoff2::cheers:

Which are you going with do you think? More gas or water tank?

I am thinking of doing the combo one. That is one of the reasons I want the kaymar bumper. So I can put the tire on the rear and have ALL that room for the largest tank available.

Trust me, you're going to need that pump! :hillbilly: :flipoff2::cheers:

Not trying to get rid of it....just seeing if we can move it!

Here's a pic of where I put my compressor. I made a custom plate and used the three factory holes located on the side of the engine bay on the driver's side.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Here's a pic of where I put my compressor. I made a custom plate and used the three factory holes located on the side of the engine bay on the driver's side.

IMG_0115.jpg

JB, what model compressor is yours?

Last edited:
I love my compressor. Does great for tires, lockers....but does NOT do power tools :(

I love my compressor. Does great for tires, lockers....but does NOT do power tools :(

DTT, I was going to ask yours and JB opinion about the compressor. We do some driving down the beach and having the ability to air down and up will provide peace of mind. But I've read some older reviews that were not very favorable on the ARB compressor. Granted they were a couple of yrs old, which is why I wanted ask your opinions.

Thanks!

DTT, I was going to ask yours and JB opinion about the compressor. We do some driving down the beach and having the ability to air down and up will provide peace of mind. But I've read some older reviews that were not very favorable on the ARB compressor. Granted they were a couple of yrs old, which is why I wanted ask your opinions.

Thanks!

The older (original) compressor from ARB was not too good. This new one will put my tires from 20 to 40 in about 2 min per tire. That is much slower then a CO2 tank BUT if you don't have one, it is not that bad at all for compressors.

JB, what size bolts did you use to mount your mounting plate to the engine bay? Thanks!

JB, what size bolts did you use to mount your mounting plate to the engine bay? Thanks!

I don't remember. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom