inside light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if anyone has installed an inside light in front so it lights up in front of the driver. The light thats in my fj is lousy and does not illuminate enough to even see a map to read. Would love to hear if anyone installed one especially with pictures. Thanks

Last edited:
Rusty...I installed an LED (red) over the center console by removing the color matched panel n the center of the dash. Lights it up just enough for illumination on the interior, but not enough to interfere with driving..also I installed Putco LED's in the overhead. They Light up the cabin quite a bit. I have seen aftermarket overheads installed, butthey tend to look that way, "after market". Good luck - Chris

White LEDS!

I replaced both stock lights with LEDS and they're GREAT. No need now for an additional "map light" location.

do you have pictures of the red light install you did...ive been looking into do an install like this but I cant visualize where to put them...I was thinking down by the floorboards.

no, pics...it's simple though. Remove the color match center dash by removing the two silver trim pieces (careful nothing on the inside of the FJ is metal) disconect the HVAC, drill out a 5/16 whole and install the LED (real cheap, Advance Auto caries them $8.00 for a 4 pak). Hot wire goes right ot the ACC 7.5 fuse, and ground the other, no need for a switch. Then just put it back together, looks like a professional did it....instead of me!

oh got ya i missed the part where you said it was just LED's easy enough install did something similar on my buddies sport bike...and 4 LED's light up the cabin enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom