Inner fender mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished up my 2.5 tjm list with TC UCA's and mounted 295/70/17s. I have making some fender mods in addition to removing the running boards. The back is a non issue with rubbing. So far in the front I have cleared the sway bar, body mount and modified the leading edge of the inner fender by re drilling and miving the plastic forward.

My question is for those who have modfied the rear portion of the front inner fender. I know everyone says they used a BFH....does that mean they flattened the seam or did you cut it out? Would like to hear from those that modified that area to fit bigger tires.

I just finished up my 2.5 tjm list with TC UCA's and mounted 295/70/17s. I have making some fender mods in addition to removing the running boards. The back is a non issue with rubbing. So far in the front I have cleared the sway bar, body mount and modified the leading edge of the inner fender by re drilling and miving the plastic forward.

My question is for those who have modfied the rear portion of the front inner fender. I know everyone says they used a BFH....does that mean they flattened the seam or did you cut it out? Would like to hear from those that modified that area to fit bigger tires.

BFH = Big f'ing hammer. Smashed flat, from what I've read. I haven't had to do that to mine (just need a body mount chop).

I didn't have to modify the rear portion of the front inner fender with my setup which has 285/70/17s. Total Chaos UCAs and trimming the front of the front liner to push it forward fixed most of my rubbing issues except on full turn. Offroad was fine witn no rubbing.

I cut some spots in the seam to allow it to bend over more easily then sealed it all with FIPG.

The front I started how you did then just said screw it. Cut the bumper some, cut a bunch of the fender liner out, and it still rubbed on full compression (even with the wheels straight) but it self clearanced itself after awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom