1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

inner birfeild clip

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by FJ157, Feb 24, 2007.

1. FJ157

FJ157

I did a search on this but found no results, how important is it to replace the clip on the axle that is inside the birfield? You know the one that breaks seperating the axle from birfield. Where is a good place to get them and how do you get them in there? I didnt replace it on my 55 when i switched it to disk breaks a couple of years ago and havent had any problems. But i am doing my 40 and was curious about it, should i go and put some on my 55 too or just stick with what i have been doing?

2. FJ157

FJ157

sor part #

[​IMG]

is part # 55 the one i am looking for it is hard to tell from this drawing?

3. crushr

crushr

do a search in the forums for martack - which is one option for eliminating the inner birfield c-clips. You should get all the info you need.

4. grant5127

grant5127

5. peesalot

peesalot

I get them from Marlin Crawler, they keep the inner axle from walking inwards. A martac can be used to eliminate using the c clip. The c clip on the outside of birf, in the hub is needed and should be in place. The problem or potential issue with not running those clips is when the axle walks in it allows the seal surface on the inner to go just past the seal therby letting 90 wt into birf bell. It also reduces the amount of spline engagment between the inner and the star inside birf.