in the memphis area, west tn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does Anybody know where I can take a frame to be dipped to remove the rust. willing to travel a few miles...

If you have the frame ready for cleaning, why not do it yourself? I am sure it'll be cheaper than paying for it. Here's what I would use:

Prepsol also works. Alternatively, (I don't know them, but...) you could call these guys. If they don't have tanks large enough, or aren't interested in small jobs, they might be able to tell you who can help.
Zinc Plating & E-Coating | DeWayne's Quality Metal Coatings

Attachments

• ZircPhos datasheets.pdf
    120.5 KB · Views: 279
i can blast it here, but i hate to not be able to get the inncer c channel rust spots

Painting the rust removing on, OMHO, is better than sandblasting. You can mix the remover thinly, so it can be sprayed on with a (disposable) garden sprayer.

rust removal with? any experience. Im getting qoute on galvanizing it my area, found a company that can do it...

Big Bend galvanizing can dip my frame. they can either use acid or caustic to bare metal. They offer to galvanize it too. Not sure about galvanizing. I rather do the dip only and then dor por15 metal prep....

any opinions?

I wouldn't galvanize the frame. The metal's been oiled and greased and who knows what else over its life. The plating won't stick. Well, that's not really true. It will, but no one will do what's necessary to absolutely clean the metal and remove all the impregnated impurities, and if that's not done, the zinc won't stick. An acid dip won't do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom