Important Roundup info READ!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

havin some fun here in the north too....nothing quite like a seized wheel bearing on an 80 series at freeway speeds...more entertaining when you watch your burning tire/wheel careen off into the ditch....

40 only for this run...and it's not together yet either, but at least it's JUST a rear driveshaft and I DO have the parts here...

Reckon ya ought to turn the music down and lay the pipe down every once and while and listen to your truck for signs of distress?:eek::eek::eek:

havin some fun here in the north too....nothing quite like a seized wheel bearing on an 80 series at freeway speeds...more entertaining when you watch your burning tire/wheel careen off into the ditch....

40 only for this run...and it's not together yet either, but at least it's JUST a rear driveshaft and I DO have the parts here...

I was close to the same thing(looosing a tire) but I was getting a loud noise coming from my front diff.
I tried to stop and couldn't.

good thing was my friend James was in a truck w/ no breakes either, so he was clearinng the way for me.

I took off the front tires and realized that I had no grease on the hub. the little grease I had was contaminated with sand. The bearings were hot and melting causing them to get stuck and creating the loud noise.

once we change the bearings everything went back to normal.

As far as my 40, still a lot things pending which. It will not make it to the ROUNDUP. Drive shafts pending. Major problem w/ the fron since my 205 front output has the flange 30 spline and I am running my 40 diff.

Reckon ya ought to turn the music down and lay the pipe down every once and while and listen to your truck for signs of distress?:eek::eek::eek:

are you kidding...that's why i turn my radio up:D

Big brown truck just rolled up and the man got out carryin'.......my axles from moser........still lookin for Kowpokes:mad:

I shamed the man into gettin' me some trackin' info on my axles ... UPS is showin' a Monday delivery. :meh:

Reckon be a whole lot more comfortable to wheel Rubi anyways. :grinpimp:

:flamingo:

Have I ever let you down?

If you want to take the 40
( you really ought to come up with a name befitting that truck)

it will be ready.

Butch

Don't fret Kowboy, i'm pretty good at puttin them dana 60's together, it'll be waitin on ya long as they send the right parts:beer:

Have I ever let you down?

If you want to take the 40

it will be ready.

Don't fret Kowboy, i'm pretty good at puttin them dana 60's together, it'll be waitin on ya long as they send the right parts:beer:

Y'all are damn-good people. :cool:

UPS trackin' info still says package is "in transit" with a delivery of Monday ... we'll see. :meh:

I land at 7 pm Monday ... and I'll gauran-damn-tee ya I'm headin' to Katemcy Tuesday with somethin' on the back of the Executive Transport. I will NOT be denied. :beer:

( you really ought to come up with a name befitting that truck)

I think that's a great idea ... think I'll start me a thread. :clap:

Yard-Art?

No way ... she'll rise again. :grinpimp:

Just got my dana 60/14 bolt hybrid rear together gonna try and sling'er under the bus tomorrow and plumb in the brakes, hope it aint rainin straight down again since the shop is full and my junk is outside:grinpimp:

Just got my dana 60/14 bolt hybrid rear together gonna try and sling'er under the bus tomorrow and plumb in the brakes, hope it aint rainin straight down again since the shop is full and my junk is outside:grinpimp:

Yea we gotta snap a pic of the jack stands that big SOB is sitting on;p;p;p;p:p

UPS claims the axles arrived in Mesquite at 0600 this morning and will be delivered to Bonham Monday ...

Damn thangs weren't even shipped until this past Tuesday. :mad:

Fella I ordered 'em from deserves a slow, painful death. :eek:

u-joints for the rear CV arrived this morning, or should have...buggers aren't easy to track down, unobtanium from Toyota even...

stuff the joints in, bolt the shaft in, attach the skid plate, and install the front limit chain (or spend some time sewing today for a true limit strap....uugh...)

load on Sunday, hit the road Monday early...will be in TX on Tuesday, pop thru a few places enroute and likely crash with Rascal on Tues nite...breakfast at his local dive on Wed morning, then down to Katemcy :)

got a long weekend of wrenching ahead of me...won't get the passenger slider made up, but rockers aren't important. planning on heading out about 1am weds am for a straight shot. see y'all in a few days:clap:

Isn't he riding motorcycles now? Thought he was a KLR man. Bring him down!!!

Is he coming down? You need to talk him into it if you can.

he is, Friday I believe...

rig is finished.,...shaft in, front limit hacked in, skid on....can't think of anything else....

loading tomorrow, on the road monday morning...

Yea we gotta snap a pic of the jack stands that big SOB is sitting on;p;p;p;p:p
:D:D:D:D
P3130084.JPG
P3130085.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom