Bandeirante Import Bandeirante to EUrope (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, has anyone ever tried to import a Bandeirante to Europe?

I figure the older ones cannot be much of a problem, since they are often exempt for emissions, belts, crash tests etc.

But I have a lead on a 2001 four door double cab and thinking that may be hard, or near impossible to import.
Does anyone have experience with this?
I think in the US import is rather easy to some states and near impossible in others.

This is what it looks like (not the actual truck)
1619614242669.png

As what I know (but never tried myself):

As a normal import to Germany it's almost impossible. Emissioncontrol, blabla. BUT if (in my case me) I lived in Brazil AND had a Bandeirante registered on my name for more then 6 months AND I move back to Germany, then it wouldn't be a car import, it's more like moving with your belongings :)

In that case, the import tax is dramatically reduced and (most important), there is usually no need to have a emission certificate or COC or something like that. Never the less, the car needs to undergo a detailed inspection. That would be kind of a safety-inspection (Brakes, Lights, Suspension, etc.).
Maybe some lights also needs to be changed, if those are avail in a EU-approved version.

Well, that is actually my plan. I'm still looking for a 93er long cabin with the OM364 Mercedes Engine.

@PEOPLES … reading this in April 2023…wondering how you had made out. I just picked up a 1995 Bandierante in the US with a 14B diesel

Bom dia,

nothing changed so much right now. Still living in Brazil (and maybe for at least another 3 years).

Bandeirantes getting more expensive every month, the '93er, long cabin is very rare. Only the 5-speed-gearbox is like 3000USD in a used condition. Totally crazy.

I'm not really sure, if I would still try to import it. I would need to convert it back to original state (small wheels, etc) to get a number plate for historical cars, otherwise it's almost not possible to pay the tax for a old 4Liter-Diesel-Engine.

I just picked up a 1995 Bandierante in the US with a 14B diesel
How many of those getting imported to the US?

The 14B is also capable to take a turbo. Don't boost it tooo much and install a intercooler and it should work out pretty well.

Last edited:
How many imported into the US? I have no idea but several popular auction sites seem to show one for sale every two weeks…
they also show the OJ50 on occasion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom