I'm perplex, Samsung galaxy Note pro, runs WASE with out cell signal.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Patineto

"Clueless" fourwheel rabbit
Threads
Website
patineto.smugmug.com
I'm running my big old tablet for directions on my cruiser and they other day my phone complete run out of batteries but the WASE keep guiding us with out a single issue or delay, even the voice guidance was working..

I do think you have to use a ''Hot spot'' to Imput the adress but aparently Wase will only need the GPS sygnal to keep guiding you..

I even left the phone at home to make really sure and after entering the adress at the house using wifi took me where I was going, just using satellite sygnal (with traffic warnings, best optimize routes, etc)

Maybe I just discover that water is wet, but personally I'm really happy about the finding..

I have never used Wase but I have used a ton of other gps mapping software on old phones and tablets. Never needed cell signal. You only need cell signal to search for something that is not loaded onto the device. So I have to assume that Wase loads maps onto your device?

I have never used Wase but I have used a ton of other gps mapping software on old phones and tablets. Never needed cell signal. You only need cell signal to search for something that is not loaded onto the device. So I have to assume that Wase loads maps onto your device?
I usually load the address I'm going at the house and for that you do need the WiFi (I'm pretty sure)

what I find strange is that WASE alert you for things like cops on the road, accidents, road work, etc.. but I just did not Think the information came from the satellite instead of the WASE system..

Do you have a complendium of the useful GPS apps..??

We live in Minnesota now so is not much "fun driving" to do but the maze of freeways gets pretty intense..

FYI: Minneapolis is the perfect bicycle city

My wife convinced me to give up all mobile devices 4 years ago (I don't miss the cell phone)
I was cell phoneLess for a long time, mostly by choice but today I can not live with out my iphone
so I am not the best source of up to date info. This thread has a lot of what people are using right now.

Navigation for Off roading roads?
Thanks for the link, lots to learn..

Do you mean Waze? It will continue to navigate if the cell signal is disrupted but it won’t make any real time choices like changing route because of an accident.

Waze, like Googlemaps, if you load a route, will save it on memory and will continue to guide you even when out of cell range. Of you course, if no cell at the location you are going, you can't get back as the map will loose the detail.

Waze, like Googlemaps, if you load a route, will save it on memory and will continue to guide you even when out of cell range. Of you course, if no cell at the location you are going, you can't get back as the map will loose the detail.
Gracias Ismael..

What I'm doing now is to save all the adresses of the places I'm going before i leave the house and then jump from one to the other one until I get back home..

Is just so easy, is like cheating..

Any updates, tricks or new products so that can make my galaxy pro into a permant head unit

FYI: I have one with Verizon service so I don’t even need a hot spot anymore..

I need
*interface to the amplifier (fosgates)
*back up camera, wired or wireless.
*MPR or some nice radio stations from time to time..

Actually what else do we need..??

Ps: I check one of the top of the line pionner NEX units and the mapping is not even close to the one on the tablet...

Sadly I have spend a few trips from Minneapolis to the Mayo Clinic in rotchester and as long as the adtess is on WASE by the time I leave a stable internet connection I do not need the hot spot from the phone at all

I do not get traffic alerts, “cop ahead” but the voice and the map still guide me just fine (and re-route me if I make a mistake)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom