Idle RPM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I could not find what the normal idle rpm on a LC is in the search section. My LC is idiling at 1000 RPM. Seems high, never really noticed until I started coming to this sight. Now I'm trying to listen to my LC to make sure its running correctly. What is the normal idle RPM?

It'll be listed on the emissions sticker on the hood, but edit:650rpm +-50rpm.

Last edited:
x2, 650 RPM

I set mine a little higher though, around 750, due to the cold weather here in UT.

What does a higher than normal RPM indicate?

iac-1.jpg

iac-2.jpg

Keep in mind that the thing will idle fairly high with the AC on. Coincidentally the ESM lists the AC circuit as the first thing to check for high idle.

Magic... :flipoff2:

Kidding.

Turn the little (big) screw on top of the TB to adjust the idle. It might be a little stiff after 19 years....so make sure you have a good screwdriver....

Also, I don't believe the FSM says anything about it. But I did it over two months ago, and no problems yet.

Turn the little (big) screw on top of the TB to adjust the idle. It might be a little stiff after 19 years....so make sure you have a good screwdriver....

I know about that trick, but: The computer usually compensates for the adjustment and eventually puts the idle right back where it "thinks" it should be, regardless of where you've adjusted the TB screw.

Good for you if that's not what happened in your case,

Curtis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom