Icon Delta Joint install: Billet UCA

Does anyone in NM (ABQ Area) who has the Icon Delta Joint install tool or had experience on installation. I have a ball joint press but not sure if the angled shim is necessary. Any input is much appreciated.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
SILVER Star

I've never had any luck installing these joints while still on the truck - specialty tool or not. I always have to pull the arm off the truck and use a 20T press to service them. I end up using a large socket to press out the old joint and then when pressing the new joint on, you'll need to use a piece of tube long enough to clearance the joint's conical stud that goes through the spindle. The Delta Joint tool is essentially just that. Scrap tube, if you have access to a piece, is a heck of a lot cheaper.

I don't recall the angled shim aspect of the install.

Thanks BMT, I ended up using the good Ol’ ball joint c-clamp rental from the auto parts store and I used my old uniball from the lower shock mounts to get the correct angle to press it in and presto, it worked. The local shop wanted to charge $250 to press it in and wanted to charge $75 for a nitrogen recharge on my shocks, ridiculous!

Top Bottom