I put a hold on a GX460 today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
That is 7.5 hours away from me! I'm supposed to look at and purchase it on Monday.

I had a 2000 Land Cruiser with 234k miles that I sold this week and the GX will be my wife's new DD, kid hauler, and our family trip mobile.

This is a base 2011 GX with 69k miles, 2 owner, no accident vehicle. It lived 47k of those miles in central FL where it was maintained by the Lexus dealer, and the last 22k miles in NOVA where it has sparse records. I was worried about the rust underneath since it is in NOVA now but the undercarriage pics are clean. I'd like this one to last much longer than the LC.

So...

My understanding is the base does NOT have the electronic adjustable suspension, nor does it have the airbags in the rear. Is that correct?

I've been a DIY guy for most of my life, how user friendly are these to work on? I ask because I'm going to go ahead and guess that the 60k mile check has not been done.

The Carfax list a recall for:

NHTSA #16V340
Manufacturer Safety recall issued
Recall #GLG SAFETY RECALL GLG - REMEDY NOTICE
MULTIPLE MODELS AND MODEL YEARS TAKATA FRONT
PASSENGER AIRBAG INFLATOR (ZONE A)

Locate an authorized Lexus dealer near you to schedule an appointment

Can I at least drive it home before I get the recall done? (I'd like to have the recall done at my local dealer)

Thanks

You are correct that the base model does not have the adjustable suspension. I've done all the work on ours (except for the warranty work on the secondary air injection pump) and they are pretty straight forward and similar to most newer Toyotas. The oil filter location isn't optimal and you have to mostly remove the front bash plate to get to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom