I hate the wind (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the wind hyperflexed my door open. Now about halfway out (and in) it pops really loud, but the hinges seem ok and I don't see any impingement on the bodywork. The little slider thing seems to look ok from what I can see, but I feel like there is something damaged because it is obviously popping now. Wyoming blows sometimes.

Yea the wind down there is no joke! No creasing of the skin around the hinge mount areas? Did the pin shear on the slider arm? How do the gaps look around the door when its closed? I would inspect the hinges really good. Can you post a video?

Are you talking about the front edge of the door or at the striker?

Here's a video of it. Seems to come from the slider area or something.

Might have to pull the door panel and inspect. Keep us posted.

Is the front edge of the door skin hitting the rear edge of the fender perhaps? Stand outside and slowly close/open the door and watch the gap between fender and door as a way to check.

Just watched the video, looks like the door wasn't pushed forward and hitting fender on door skin, unless I'm mistaken. That's what often happens when you back into something with the door, while it's open.

If you pull the pin on the retainer/retention strap (just hammer the pin up/out) and remove it from the equation is the door still popping/hanging up? If not you may just have some damage in the retainer strap system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom