Hunter lake Trail? Possible future club run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Based on what I've read on the internet, this seems to be a fairly easy and close trail. The start is in south west Reno. Have any of you ran this before? If so what month, snow? Snow might be too deep for most of us right now, but maybe this is a stock friendly one for the future?

Also, could this be a good snow run, for non stockers...?

Most of the club members have been on this trail. It is a great trail that is close and beautiful with some great views of the city. Lunch at the lake and back down the way you came in or out the long way coming out near boomtown. I would be hard pressed to find my way out the long way:doh:. Did it once but it seems like you need to know the turnoffs. Many roads to different areas.
I wouldn't want to do it with ice or deep snow due to the many drops and drifts. Up near the top and by the lake in the trees the snow is deep long into spring. It has been done as a snow run with some clubs with carnage. Can be fun if it isn't to deep.
It is a great stock run most of the wheeling season. We should do it sometime this year. If we start early and someone is with us that knows the trail we could do the whole thing.:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom