How to replace rear wheel studs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.coastal-aquariums.com
Almost lost a rear wheel today, need to replace the wheel studs. I've never dug into the rear axle any further than changing brake pads. Anyone have a How-To on changing wheel studs? Biggest concern as I stare at it right now his how to get the rear hub off. Thinking it's the 4 bolts on the back?

Sorry if this is a lame question, I just want to get it all done asap.

Remove wheel, remove drum retaining screw, remove parking brake drum, get a brass punch and a BFH and beat the sumbitches out.

To install new studs, slap some grease in the holes, stick the stud in, get a stack of washers about 1/4-1/2” thick and put them on, then run a lug nut on over top of them and tighten down until the stud is flush with the back of the hub flange.

Remove wheel, remove drum retaining screw, remove parking brake drum, get a brass punch and a BFH and beat the sumbitches out.

To install new studs, slap some grease in the holes, stick the stud in, get a stack of washers about 1/4-1/2” thick and put them on, then run a lug nut on over top of them and tighten down until the stud is flush with the back of the hub flange.

It’s a disc brake rear with FF axle hub assy. No drum.

Yeah, those directions won't work, but I got it figured out. Going to tackle it later, 5:30 pm was a late start for this project.

It’s a disc brake rear with FF axle hub assy. No drum.
Then he should remove the rotor that doubles as a parking brake *drum*…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom