How to keep radio on when turn off ignition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hoosier Daddy

SILVER Star
Threads
I searched and did not see this info on the forum. I figure I'm not the only one who was wondering about this.

To turn off the engine but leave the radio playing (ie, leave accessory power on):

1. Engine is running
  2. Put the shifter in neutral (probably should have the parking brake on to be safe)
  3. Push the START button
  4. Engine turns off, radio stays on in ACC mode
  5. Put the shifter in Park.

what happen to ................................
old skool toyota 2.jpeg

That's
Conversely, park it and turn completely off, ake foot off brake completely then press the power button.

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I'm trying to avoid the temporary loss of power to the accessories, like Bluetooth streaming or the rear entertainment system if the kids are watching a movie.

I've found that if you hit the start button twice (foot off the break) you enter into ACC mode.

I've found that if you hit the start button twice (foot off the break) you enter into ACC mode.

Not exactly correct. With your foot off the brake, press the Start button once to enter ACC mode, then press again to enter ON mode.

HTH

Does anyone know how to keep the ACC active until you decide to turn it off? My 2016 kills the ACC automatically after 20 or so mins. I’ve searched the forums and keep coming up short.

Sorry to hijack this thread. It’s somewhat related.

Does anyone know how to keep the ACC active until you decide to turn it off? My 2016 kills the ACC automatically after 20 or so mins. I’ve searched the forums and keep coming up short.

Sorry to hijack this thread. It’s somewhat related.

Not sure...but I wonder if it turns off similar to the interior lights. Wonder if cycling the door-open plunger reactivates it the way it activates the lights. I dunno...

That said... this is why I have two Bluetooth speakers in my rear hatch...so I can play music, etc without activating ACC mode.

Not sure...but I wonder if it turns off similar to the interior lights. Wonder if cycling the door-open plunger reactivates it the way it activates the lights. I dunno...

That said... this is why I have two Bluetooth speakers in my rear hatch...so I can play music, etc without activating ACC mode.

I have a JBL Charge 3 and have thought about doing that. The sound system in the truck is just so good!

I have a JBL Charge 3 and have thought about doing that. The sound system in the truck is just so good!

Ya, I only use them when I’m out of the truck...where the full systems sound is missed anyway. It’s a great solution for that specific thing. I basically have two Bluetooth speakers that charge while I’m driving, and form both the left and right channel since they link together. They are very small, and NOT expensive, but perform surprisingly well… And frankly much better than the tiny little speakers embedded into the upper hatch .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom