How to fix a dent, sorta...

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by BMThiker, Jun 4, 2018.

1. BMThiker

BMThiker I aim to misbehave Moderator SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    So I bashed my front fender on a rocky creek bed back in March at Hawk Pride OHV in Ala-dam-bama. I'm not one to normally fret about such things, but I've heard of a homespun way to punch out dents and wanted to try it out myself.

I "borrowed" my neighbor kid's basketball and grabbed my bicycle pump. Went from this...
    DentFixer (1).JPG

Pumped about 10-15lbs of air into Wilson and relocated a few times up and down the fender as best I could... DentFixer (2).JPG

And finished with a slightly less dented fender. Oh well, it's just sheet metal ;)
    DentFixer (3).JPG

firensteel, 1911 and CV Kurt like this.
  2. lgrt

lgrt

Media:
    pretty cool idea to make a big dent better. I'm with you and usually never cared about dings and dents... but for the first time, I find myself getting dents fixed on my FJ Cruiser... just love my truck too much. One of these days I might have to take some body shop classes.

3. firensteel

firensteel

Have you checked out rock auto.com? Toyota FJ Cruiser front left or right fender is about $35.

4. bigredmachine

bigredmachine

the fenders are cheap but they bang you in the head for shipping. I had to replace a fender on the girlfriends car and shipping on it was about 75 or so. you may be better off getting one from an auto recycler

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.