how to drill and tap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks for all the help guys but i gave up :rolleyes: need to use the hitch this weekend so I paid a local shop $150 to drill out these three bolts and a busted bolt on an exhaust clamp :rolleyes:. Made me unhappy to do it but they said it took them 5 hours to get it done and honoured their quote. On the bright side I have a good feeling about the shop I took it to. Everyone working there were older japanese guys and the guy at the counter had a TRD shirt. They knew what the truck was and were excellent to deal with. I have not let a shop near my truck for years but I think I might give these guys a shot if I ever need to.

now the next proble was getting new bolts. Holy cow what a saga that was.

Niner said:
There are reverse cut drill bits that sometimes will break the bolt loose while drilling (in Reverse). this ususlly works after heating the nut.

I use this tool all of the time...cut a small hole with a regular bit then hit is witha reverse drill bit, they work awesome.

3puttcop said:
I use this tool all of the time...cut a small hole with a regular bit then hit is witha reverse drill bit, they work awesome.

Good tactic, considering the price on the reverse cut bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom