How to achieve the well balanced look (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser said:
if I was buying new wheels, I'd probably just buy the offset I needed and not use spacers.

Good point! When I was looking around, though, I couldn't find one that met the right offset specs in a style I wanted. Anyway, just covering my options.

Thanks,

Maybe i should just find me a set of those 17in tundra wheels. i saw a pic of a cruiser on here i think that had those. man that thing looked sweet.

This question has been in the back of my mind for awile, and should probably stay there. But here goes.
Exactly how does a wheel spacer put more leverage and strain on the wheel bearings than running wider, heavier wheels which typically would also include a larger, heavier tire.

Jay

jaysdead40 said:
Exactly how does a wheel spacer put more leverage and strain on the wheel bearings than running wider, heavier wheels which typically would also include a larger, heavier tire.

Maybe because it is the distance between the inside of the tire to the hub. A spacer would make this distance greater (I think?), whereas a wider wheel would remain the same (if it was OEM offset). The wider width on a wider wheel comes at the outside, not the inside.

Not sure that is totally correct, but that is the way I think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom