how much to offer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
96 80 with factory lockers. 200k runs and drives good but the engine is covered in oil.

Thanks

for 200 k miles truck???:eek:

I have more than 225k and I wouldn't take ANYWHERE NEAR THAT for mine. Mileage is NOT what you base a LandCruiser purchase on. I would rather have a 200k mileage truck that was very well taken care of then a 60k truck that was abused.

By all reports, only 20,000 units were imported into the US with factory lockers. If you have found one at a reasonable price, buy it!
I bought mine after a roll. The front of the roof was pushed down 6". The rest of the roof and the left side looked like a barn had hit it at speed! Yet I bought the truck. I fixed it. It has factory lockers, and that makes it priceless.
I bought mine a couple of years ago. They ran higher then. I paid 3500 for a rolled wreck. When I finished the repaint, several guys offered me $10,000 for it. I refused to sell.
I'll keep the truck until I am too old to climb in, then I will buy a stool!
Here's the rub. This is a truck that you will keep for many years. A LC is not a light decision. Once you have one, you will likely never give it up. You will repair and maintain the truck until you get old and die. You will put this truck in your will as a keepsake. My father fell prey to this. When he died his most precious possession was his 40. He had to decide what to do with his LC. My brother has it and can never sell it without consulting his siblings. A LC is a legacy. The best ones are rare and prized. If you have a chance to have one, you should not hesitate!
YES!! BUY IT!!

Is the toyota dealer going to get my left arm to fix the leaks, or should I do it? Thanks for all the responses.

Is the toyota dealer going to get my left arm to fix the leaks, or should I do it?

Do you have any experience wrenching? Do you have time, tools and a place to work on the vehicle? Do you have the FSM? Can you be without the vehicle for the time it takes to do the repairs? If you answered yes to those questions then fix the leaks yourself.

The costs to get an indy or a Toyota dealer to do the repairs will depend on what is leaking. If it is a loose oil filter then the cost is $0. If it is a failed oil galley plug behind the timing chain cover it will cost $2,000 or more. We can't tell you anything definitive until you find out where the leak(s) is(are).

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom