How much can i tow with my LC 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2006 LC 100. It's fully armored with the front and rear steel bumpers, sliders and a rooftop tent and i'm running 33 AT's. All the modifications are probably around 600 pounds. I tow a trailer with a track car a couple of times a year which weighs a total of around 5000lbs.

i have gotten the crazy idea of possibly getting one of the black series caravan caravan campers, link below. the plan was to get a Dodge 1500 diesel or Land Cruiser 200 to tow this trailer. The trailer dry weights around 5500 pounds. and this along with the modifications already done pretty much puts me at the maximum towing capacity for the Land Cruiser 100.

My question is, is it worth re-gearing to a 4.3 gear ratio (from my 4.1 stock), adding headers and possibly deleting the cats, maybe a tune, adding some air bags and a trailer brake to my Land Cruiser to make it more capable for towing this type of weight over long distances, or am I flirting with disaster? any thoughts?

Get a pickup and save the grief. We tow every day in my landscaping business. Figure about 2/3 of the gross weight of the loaded trailer to be comfy. That way you are not straining the engine or suspension. A good brake controller is important.

Get a pickup and save the grief. We tow every day in my landscaping business. Figure about 2/3 of the gross weight of the loaded trailer to be comfy. That way you are not straining the engine or suspension. A good brake controller is important.
Yup, that's what i was thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom