How Do I Set Up My 10 amp Camping Air Conditioner in a 30 & 50 amp service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day fellows, seeking some advice from experienced campers.

I was thinking I should carry my 10 amp portable unit to my next trip but we’re expecting a 30 and 50 amp service. How do I set it up to make it work?

Gunna need more info from you to say... what voltage on the unit, what voltage on the service? Are we talking RV, or Tent

google spiderbox- or temporary power distribution box for construction... They are set up to plug into 30-50- amp services, and have a series of circuit breaker protected branch circuits, which you can use to power devices rated at lower amperage and lower voltages (within windows of range) maybe cheaper ways, but cheaper is not always better...

If you using Campground RV power supply outlets. There are 30 and 50 amp adapters to standard household plugs, 50 to 30 amp, etc.

Camping World has them, or Goggle RV power adapters.

There’s really no big deal because the voltage remains the same 110 - 120. The difference is; running a 10 amp portable air conditioner off a 30/50 setup will need you to have the correct adapter plug.

Most areas with 30/50 service use 15 amp STD plugs. Plus, I once used a 30/50 setup and it worked longer hours without overheating.

Use an adapter plug. It’s important to heavily insulate the exhaust pipe so it doesn’t bleed heat into your enclosure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom