Horn Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My horn quit working. Looked at the 10a fuse and it was blown... changed that and still nothing. Bought a relay but can't find where that goes... Went to my father-in-laws shops and we found that the horn is getting voltage (buying the relay wasn't necessary), so I bought new horns and in the process thought I could upgrade. I purchased Hella Supertone in red. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...AIVxajhy8thFWZCe8_YvZoPT0UKp1RGkaAoK8EALw_wcB

There was not + or - label to the inputs and my google search said that it didn't matter as long as + and - were each the same for both horns. I attached fittings to the Green wire for the "+", then made a "-" ground to the chasis. When I pressed the horn to see if it worked, I heard a faint 'pop' noise and that was all. It only happened once and doesn't make any noise anymore. I checked the fuse and it's not blown. Any ideas?

double check that you are grounded properly. i know when i installed mine into the factory wiring, i had to scuff the ground point a bit to get a better contact. installed same horns. havent had any inssues.

Did you change to a higher amp fuse? The pic on the Hella box shows a 16a fuse in the diagram

Last edited:
Thanks GXDude, I didn't ground it properly. Attached are pics of what I did. I basically copied what a guy did on a miata form. In total cost about $15 for 2 different connectors and 14ga wire from Autozone. I forgot to get some shrink wrap or electrical tape, but that's a 5 min fix. The horns are VERY LOUD :)
IMG_2633.jpg
IMG_2634.jpg
IMG_2635.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom