Hood Struts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From experience, I would stick with OEM. I bought aftermarket hood struts for my 100 and they were either extra strong or a little longer than stock. My hood wouldn't close flush and the hood edges flapped around on the highway due to the extra little gap. $60 doesn't seem too bad of a price for a hood strut.

@99Cruiser Same here. Tried aftermarket, went back to Toyota original equipment. I spent more than if I just did it right in the first place.

Thanks for the insight. I'm usually OEM all the way, but I was thinking it would be OK to take the risk on hood struts, since they're easy access. I was surprised how few options came up when searching. This is one of the only aftermarket versions I've seen: 24.92'' Lift Supports Depot PM3287 Lift Support With | PM3287-W

I may just go OEM. I put in a large order with Mcgeorge yesterday and forgot to add them.

Maybe call them and see if they can add them? I've had luck with that in the past. Most of the time dealers don't ship same day unless on some odd chance they have everything in stock (never had that happen).

anyone have any new info on this? Mine are now due. Hood is heavier than I'd have thought.

Same answer: stick with Toyota/Lexus parts. The aftermarket ones I've used have been disappointing, and were quickly replaced by Toyota versions.

OEM is the way to go on struts. Aftermarket struts simply don't last that long. You just saved yourself some money in the long run.

53440-69145
53450-69145
list $86.11

no idea why 2 different, from initial look, the sides are interchangeable.

Great. Buy them.

Camelback sucks these days. I'm local to the 11 dealers in town. Glad to have paid more.

Great. Buy them.

Camelback sucks these days. I'm local to the 11 dealers in town. Glad to have paid more.
Hmmm, never experienced any problems with them but Their web site is wonky for some reason tonight. I can go to my local toyota dealer and get them for $67.30 per and avoid the shipping and waiting 12 days. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom