Honda snowblower service manual? HS55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.iluvrocks.com
long shot here, but I was wondering if anyone might have a service manual (possibly in PDF????) for my Honda HS55 snowblower.

dad bought it used from the original owner who used it and said it worked fine.
However, after sitting for a year I tried to start it and had gelled gas issues. after cleaning everything real good it runs and blows snow but ONLY with the choke full on. Touch the choke and it dies. It also doesnt have near the power needed.

It acts like a classic fuel starvation issue and runs w/o choke if you cover the intake, but I've torn it apart and cleaned it like 5 times now to no avail.

I'm in need of a service manual to go further I think and make sure I'm not missing something.....

anyway, if anyone might have one I'd LOVE to get a look at it!!!

This sounds vaguely familiar. Have you checked the fuel tank venting?

fuel tank venting........ ????

no, I'm not familliar with it. Could you elaborate please?

appreciate the help!

Chances are the fuel cap has a brass vent screen on it. If it is clogged, it disrupts fuel flow. I had the same problem, where the engine would only run on full choke, and that turned out to be the cause. It's a possibility.

just to check, I ran it with the fuel cap off. no difference so fix's not that easy....

I'm pretty sure it's got to be a clogged main jet. rust or something that won't dissolve.
I can't get the main jet out. the brass slot stripped on me so a screw driver is useless now :mad:

I have to figure out how to get it out now.

I assume there is a ball and spring under it? can't just drill through it then.... :D

FIXED!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

it WAS a clogged main jet. I never got the jet out, but I got in there with a scratch awl and got it opened up and blew nasty cleaner and compressed air through.

runs like a CHAMP now!

feels good to get something working.....

I also have a Honda HS55 snow blower. I bought it new in 1987, if I remember right.

One thing I've done since I first bought it is to put SeaFoam gas additive in the gas and use it in all my gas engines. It not only cleans the fuel system it also preserves the gas. I brought the blower out this fall and turned the gas on while putting my lawn mowers in the shed. Then I set the choke, turned the throttle all the way to fast, turned the key on and gave it a pull. It started on the first pull. I swear to the use of SeaFoam in the gas. I've never taken the carb apart to clean and it's been running like new ever since I purchased it. I also use Amsoil and change it every other season. I used regular oil for the first 2 oil changes(4 seasons) then switched over to Amsoil after I figured it was broken in enough. I've never had any problems with it starting and running.

I just signed up on this forum today(12-10-2010) while looking for, and finding, an owner's manual. I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

just to follow up, I've determined that a LOT of these problems are due to the ethanol in gas now. If the gas sits, the ethanol pulls moisture from the air and precipitates out of the gas. Then you have water at the bottom of your gas tank and in your float bowl. This causes rust and all kinds of issues. My farm tractor/ small engine shop (where my tractor, chainsaw, and weedwacker came from) brought this to my attention. It appears the marine industry has rejected the ethanol additive for this very reason.

Sea foam has a long history of success on this forum, but my understanding is that it, and most other additives, are mainly alcohol. This worked good before the change in formulation, but now that the alcohol IS the problem, more alcohol obviously won't help...

I have been having to pull carbs off my hondas and blow the main jets out quite often after they sit for as little as a couple weeks. water in the bowls makes rust flakes, and the engines won't run on water and horribly low octane gas. The alcohol has replaced the MTBE that used to be used to raise the octane to the stated range (89, 91 etc)

I also think the 10% alcohol in the gas is eating the 'red' lining out of my one old jerry can causing more issues in that case.

long shot here, but I was wondering if anyone might have a service manual (possibly in PDF????) for my Honda HS55 snowblower.

dad bought it used from the original owner who used it and said it worked fine.
However, after sitting for a year I tried to start it and had gelled gas issues. after cleaning everything real good it runs and blows snow but ONLY with the choke full on. Touch the choke and it dies. It also doesnt have near the power needed.

It acts like a classic fuel starvation issue and runs w/o choke if you cover the intake, but I've torn it apart and cleaned it like 5 times now to no avail.

I'm in need of a service manual to go further I think and make sure I'm not missing something.....

anyway, if anyone might have one I'd LOVE to get a look at it!!!
Wonder if you would take a picture of the springs for the tension pulleys so I can put mine on or did you get a service manual in off form?

Wonder if you would take a picture of the springs for the tension pulleys so I can put mine on or did you get a service manual in off form?
I could use the photos from the shop manual for the same pages for the linkage of the auger lever. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom