home made toyhauler type (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been wanting to build a trailer for quite some time now and have been considering something a little different lately.

I don't know much about trailer building so tell me if this is thing will absolutely not work ever.

Would it be possible to convert most of a full sized van into a small multi purpose camper/utility/toyhauler trailer?

would it be way more work than it's worth?

Yes, unless you have more money and time than most, you can pick up a simple set up real cheap right now.

yeah thats kinda what i figured.

another one of my mad scientist ideas. oh well keeps the cob webs outa the brain

You would be much better off getting an enclosed cargo trailer, and build in some beds and cabinets, and you can pull in quads or bikes.

yeah thos things are kinda spendy and i bet i could find a cheap/free van on c-list.... not gunna happen in the near future any way so..... i did see in my searching of the trailer section some that were built on boat trailers and i know i have seen listings for free boat trailers.

any way like i said not gunna happen right now any way so ill cross that bridge when it gets here

My trailer was built from a boat trailer frame, I spent $60 for the trailer, and found some wheels and tires for $50. Some scrap metal, and plywood and things were ready to roll.

yeah im thinken realistickly thats gunna be the ticket price wise unless i can find a free camper van

i surf around on there pretty offen. i think i might already have a boat trailer to base it off of. i just hafta convince my parents that the legistics of them towing 2 trailers behind 1 truck isn't gunna work (they have one of those snow bear trailers and there zodiac/trailer) only time those both go is on our week long ab diving trip. i already have an idea of how to set it up for em so it's all in one and still accessable thanks to other mudders trailer set ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom