Hobart Reservoir / Ash Canyon Road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody know if Ash Canyon Road is passable all the way to the Hobart Creek trailhead?

When I drop down from Reno a week ago, looked like there was still plenty of snow on the road as it cut across the ridge line before going into the aspen grove near the top.

Last night we got what looks like a light dusting in the Pine Nuts, but looks like the Tahoe ridge line got mostly rain, at least below 9000 ft. The road and trail to the reservoir never goes above 8000 ft. But there easily could be drifts, especially in the last 1/2 mile of the road.

Hoping to start fly fishing it soon...

Yeah I went up there this weekend to see where the drift was... The last edge right before you hit the final treeline (and you stop climbing) is completely drifted over. There is a small overlook with a sign there that has a small ATV trail and parking spot, probably about a full mile from the main parking area. With what snow I saw on that N/NE facing ridge we may be looking at the end of June before you can get near the main parking lot. Really is going to depend on how warm it get and most importantly STAYS.

Yeah I went up there this weekend to see where the drift was... The last edge right before you hit the final treeline (and you stop climbing) is completely drifted over. There is a small overlook with a sign there that has a small ATV trail and parking spot, probably about a full mile from the main parking area. With what snow I saw on that N/NE facing ridge we may be looking at the end of June before you can get near the main parking lot. Really is going to depend on how warm it get and most importantly STAYS.
I would have tried to go up there this week my FJC is slightly in need of :wrench:. Need to get a rear link mount repaired (note to self, check your nuts more often :bang:). Been meaning to have those mounts rebuilt with some protection... guess now is a good time for that.

My free time is pretty booked out for the few weeks anyways... I'll likely won't have time to head up there until mid to late June as it is.

IMG_0207.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch... yes definitely check your nutz often...
Yeah depending on upcoming free time I may take a ride up to the small parking area with my snow shoes and see how far back the snow goes.

Well, the nice folks over at Hollar's Auto in Minden took care of me this afternoon. I'm so pleased with them that I'm going to throw them additional business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom