1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HJ61 headlight problem help needed

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by Wherlwind, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Wherlwind

Wherlwind

I replaced my JDM lenses with Bosch ones and have blown a fuse. I replaced the fuse and now my lights stay on without being turned on. The only way I can turn them off is to pull the fuses or the battery ground. When I replaced the fuse I got a spark at the fuse panel.I put the JDM lenses back in but still have power all the time. Could this be a problem with my light switch or have I screwed something up swapping in the Bosch lights. I don't know where to start looking for the problem. Help, Pete

2. Greg_B

Greg_B

Did you ensure the connector for the outside headlights stayed oriented the correct way? There is an adapter that clocks the pins; one position to the right I believe. If you do not re-install this connector (fits between the headlight pins, and the wiring harness) you will have very funky things happening.

hth's

gb

3. Wherlwind

Wherlwind

Thanks Greg,
    That seems to have done the trick

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">