High Water Mark Trail Run: Arkansas (May 19-21) (1 Viewer)

What Time to Meet at WalMart

• 6:00 A.M.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:00 A.M.

• 9:00 A.M.

• 10:00 A.M.

• 11:00 A.M.

• 12:00 P.M.

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
High Water Mark Trail
Ozarks, Arkansas

May 19-21, 2016

_DSC2119-X2.jpg
imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1445211687-608589-jpg.1149269
_DSC3095-X2.jpg

Quick Info:
Dates: Thursday, May 19th - Sunday, May 22nd. Time to start TBD.

Vehicle Limit: 10

Meeting Location: Walmart Supercenter

Route Start: St. Joe, AR

Ending location: Near Appleton, AR

Route Difficulty: Difficulty medium, dependent on amount of rain lately for current water levels and mud. A driver can do it with a slightly modified vehicle and off road tires. Expect mud, pinstripes, possible dents depending on how brave you are.

Vehicle Recommendations: Recovery points, all terrain tires, traction aids, extended breathers and maybe a snorkel.

Summary:
This is one of many variations of the High Water Mark trail others have created and journeyed through. This particular one offers plenty of camping spots, gas stations, scenery, and other things to see along the way. Be aware that the route does have water crossings and some spots that will have rocky terrain. Most of it is going to be some type of old fire roads though.

There is no set schedule to this trip other than the meet-up time (TBD). I have set aside 4 days so that we have a chance to stop and explore the area rather than stay on the route and try to make it to specific points daily. It is also so that if we have to reroute due to a water crossing being too deep, we won't be scrambling to make it somewhere. This route can be done in as little as 2 days, but where's the fun in that?

Vehicle Limit (First come first serve):
01. PcBuilder14
02. MatthewMay1 (TW)
03. BeaverTaco (TW)
04. Tex (TW)
05. Red Demon (TW)
06. balocky (TW)
07. Enigma8246 (TW)
08. cstallings (TW)
09. rpkole (TW)

Meeting Point:
We will meet up at the Walmart Supercenter in Harrison, Arkansas so that everybody will be able to get any last minute items as well as fill up if they need to before we head to the beginning of the route, which is a 40 minute drive Southeast from here.

Alternative:
Some have voiced concern about meeting in Harrison, Arkansas due to some of the locals views. Because I don't want anybody to feel like they can't join because they don't want to stop at the main meeting point, I'll offer up St. Joe, Arkansas as an alternative. We will be stopping at C&K Family Market and Garage to get last minute gas before we hit the route. The time we would get here should be about an hour after we get to the first meeting point in Harrison. But, expect to possibly wait longer if you choose to meet up here.

Route:
The main route is about 100 miles and starts in St. Joe and ends in Appleton, cutting through the Ozarks. At the end of this post there are videos of the exact route we will be taking.

Attached is a KMZ file that shows the route, river crossings, camping spots, gas stops, and other interesting things to go explore along the way. To open this you will need Google Earth or something similar. If you don't have a program you can use this website to view it, but it won't show specific icons for points like Google Earth:
GPS Visualizer

full

Camping:
There are a total of 15 camping spots along the route, not including ones I may have missed. All are free. Most are primitive with no water, electricity, bathrooms, or showers. So come prepared with whatever amenities you require to be comfortable. I will have a solar shower and portable toilet myself.

We do not have to camp at any of the 15, we just have to find an open area that will fit all of the vehicles somewhere near the route. There are one or two particular ones I'd like to stop at just because of what is offered around them, but we don't have to.

Gear List:
First off, please check over your rig to make sure everything is in good order. Fluids, belts, nuts and bolts, etc...

Here is a great link on what you should consider bringing and what to take:
Off-Road Tips and Gear List

Minimum requirements:
- All terrain tires
- Spare tire
- Tow points
- Gas jug
- First aid kit
I HIGHLY recommend a CB radio, but it's not needed. Makes things a lot easier and fun when you're able to be in contact with everyone.

I will have just about every tool needed to work on my truck, so bring what tools you would use when working on yours so we have everything we need when combined.

I would like for at least one person coming to have an air compressor. I have a CO2 tank, but if for some reason that doesn't work I'd like somebody to have something to use.

Recommend bringing spare parts as well such as belts, radiator hoses, cv axles, tire plugs, fluids.

Pics:
_DSC2080-X2.jpg

_DSC2166-X2.jpg

_DSC2637-X2.jpg

_DSC2732-X2.jpg

_DSC2781-X2.jpg

_DSC2997-X2.jpg

IMG_1577_edited_sm.jpg

Video:

Attachments

• Arkansas High Water Mark Route.kmz
    46.8 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
High Water Mark Trail
Ozarks, Arkansas

May 19-21, 2016

_DSC2119-X2.jpg
imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1445211687-608589-jpg.1149269
_DSC3095-X2.jpg

Quick Info:
Dates: Thursday, May 19th - Sunday, May 22nd. Time to start TBD.

Vehicle Limit: 10

Meeting Location: Walmart Supercenter

Route Start: St. Joe, AR

Ending location: Near Appleton, AR

Route Difficulty: Difficulty medium, dependent on amount of rain lately for current water levels and mud. A driver can do it with a slightly modified vehicle and off road tires. Expect mud, pinstripes, possible dents depending on how brave you are.

Vehicle Recommendations: Recovery points, all terrain tires, traction aids, extended breathers and maybe a snorkel.

Summary:
This is one of many variations of the High Water Mark trail others have created and journeyed through. This particular one offers plenty of camping spots, gas stations, scenery, and other things to see along the way. Be aware that the route does have water crossings and some spots that will have rocky terrain. Most of it is going to be some type of old fire roads though.

There is no set schedule to this trip other than the meet-up time (TBD). I have set aside 4 days so that we have a chance to stop and explore the area rather than stay on the route and try to make it to specific points daily. It is also so that if we have to reroute due to a water crossing being too deep, we won't be scrambling to make it somewhere. This route can be done in as little as 2 days, but where's the fun in that?

Vehicle Limit (First come first serve):
01. PcBuilder14
02. MatthewMay1 (TW)
03. BeaverTaco (TW)
04. Tex (TW)
05. Red Demon (TW)

Meeting Point:
We will meet up at the Walmart Supercenter in Harrison, Arkansas so that everybody will be able to get any last minute items as well as fill up if they need to before we head to the beginning of the route, which is a 40 minute drive Southeast from here.

Alternative:
Some have voiced concern about meeting in Harrison, Arkansas due to some of the locals views. Because I don't want anybody to feel like they can't join because they don't want to stop at the main meeting point, I'll offer up St. Joe, Arkansas as an alternative. We will be stopping at C&K Family Market and Garage to get last minute gas before we hit the route. The time we would get here should be about an hour after we get to the first meeting point in Harrison. But, expect to possibly wait longer if you choose to meet up here.

Route:
The main route is about 100 miles and starts in St. Joe and ends in Appleton, cutting through the Ozarks. At the end of this post there are videos of the exact route we will be taking.

Attached is a KMZ file that shows the route, river crossings, camping spots, gas stops, and other interesting things to go explore along the way. To open this you will need Google Earth or something similar. If you don't have a program you can use this website to view it, but it won't show specific icons for points like Google Earth:
GPS Visualizer

full

Camping:
There are a total of 15 camping spots along the route, not including ones I may have missed. All are free. Most are primitive with no water, electricity, bathrooms, or showers. So come prepared with whatever amenities you require to be comfortable. I will have a solar shower and portable toilet myself.

We do not have to camp at any of the 15, we just have to find an open area that will fit all of the vehicles somewhere near the route. There are one or two particular ones I'd like to stop at just because of what is offered around them, but we don't have to.

Gear List:
First off, please check over your rig to make sure everything is in good order. Fluids, belts, nuts and bolts, etc...

Here is a great link on what you should consider bringing and what to take:
Off-Road Tips and Gear List

Minimum requirements:
- All terrain tires
- Spare tire
- Tow points
- Gas jug
- First aid kit
I HIGHLY recommend a CB radio, but it's not needed. Makes things a lot easier and fun when you're able to be in contact with everyone.

I will have just about every tool needed to work on my truck, so bring what tools you would use when working on yours so we have everything we need when combined.

I would like for at least one person coming to have an air compressor. I have a CO2 tank, but if for some reason that doesn't work I'd like somebody to have something to use.

Recommend bringing spare parts as well such as belts, radiator hoses, cv axles, tire plugs, fluids.

Pics:
_DSC2080-X2.jpg

_DSC2166-X2.jpg

_DSC2637-X2.jpg

_DSC2732-X2.jpg

_DSC2781-X2.jpg

_DSC2997-X2.jpg

IMG_1577_edited_sm.jpg

Video:

I'm heading down with jayston from overlandguild on April 29th. I know you posted on there as well. I will lead the kc group on June 2-5. I went with few of my friends last year but my buddy blew his ring and pinion so we were short of completing the trip. Also I might be able to come out to the event at central mo off road park. I'll let you know.

I'm heading down with jayston from overlandguild on April 29th. I know you posted on there as well. I will lead the kc group on June 2-5. I went with few of my friends last year but my buddy blew his ring and pinion so we were short of completing the trip. Also I might be able to come out to the event at central mo off road park. I'll let you know.
Sounds good. The April one didn't work for a few people that were interested in going, and the one in June conflicted with a different event I plan to go to, so I'm going to see how this one goes. Never done it myself so hopefully we don't have to take too many detours! Haha

As for the Central Missouri Off Road Park, they open at 9:00, and I'm thinking about showing up around 9:30.

You guys have room for a 100'er from Bama?

I've been looking into this trip for a while now. Since I moved back from the Wyoming I've been missing the trails and would like to do it with some Ozark trail vets if the group hasn't been filled.

Skills include cooling down beer ridiculously quick and making a mean grilled cheese sandwich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom