High Pinion set up - Pls share info on your set up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking into this as my drive shaft takes a beating every time I do a trail with decent obstacles... Would like to see what others have done with a high pinion set up. Thanks for sharing.

I don’t believe there is a rear high pinion 9.5. So you’d be looking into a custom offset 9” housing, custom shafts, hubs etc. A little expensive but you can totally make a stronger rear end than what stock 80s come with🤷🏻‍♀️

I also get into mine and I kinda planned on 3 linking the rear and making sure the links are below the drive shaft the whole way. I’d also just get a 120 wall drive shaft from Tom woods or adams.

Gas tank and drive shaft took a beating on a run a few days ago.

IMG_8901.jpeg

I have thicker rear links and a Tom Woods rear shaft. Dropped the whole rig onto just the shaft before and it's fine. That said, I try to do it slowly and not bash too much. If I was going to do more work, I would just swap rear housings for something even beefier if I needed it

I have thicker rear links and a Tom Woods rear shaft. Dropped the whole rig onto just the shaft before and it's fine. That said, I try to do it slowly and not bash too much. If I was going to do more work, I would just swap rear housings for something even beefier if I needed it
Sounds good. What would be your preference for the beefier housing option. I do wish someone would do a high opinion set up four an 80..

Sounds good. What would be your preference for the beefier housing option. I do wish someone would do a high opinion set up four an 80..
If I needed that much, I'd probably swap to 1-tons and link everything. Still may link the front this winter, but I'm happy with the rear on mine. @Squeegee has another nice option listed there as well!

where are you wheeling that you bash your drive shaft that much?

Colorado/Utah/Cali

Not to be snarky but you could save a lot of money by simply picking better lines. I've ran every trail in CO, Utah etc that wasn't a dedicated buggy trail and I think I caned my DS twice both situations of me just being dumb

Not to be snarky but you could save a lot of money by simply picking better lines. I've ran every trail in CO, Utah etc that wasn't a dedicated buggy trail and I think I caned my DS twice both situations of me just being dumb
You’re right. Thing is, I do like a challenge. Like Holy Cross in the rain is my definition of a good time

I’m sure Diamond (Front Range Offroad) would build you something. That being said, having custom lower trailing arms built that help protect this situation would probably be a crapload cheaper.

You’re right. Thing is, I do like a challenge. Like Holy Cross in the rain is my definition of a good time
I’m sure Diamond (Front Range Offroad) would build you something. That being said, having custom lower trailing arms built that help protect this situation would probably be a crapload cheaper.

I was actually going to suggest NOT going with Diamond. I have a friend who has their 9” and he has had nothing but problems. It’s leaked since day 1 and they wouldn’t do anything about it. Years later he’s still leaking everywhere.

For what you'll be in it to make the mods to have an indestructible rear you could get into a diff rig of little value and beat the hell out of it instead?
Of course you'll miss your 80 on those trips. lol

I was actually going to suggest NOT going with Diamond. I have a friend who has their 9” and he has had nothing but problems. It’s leaked since day 1 and they wouldn’t do anything about it. Years later he’s still leaking everywhere.
Interesting. Aside from insane lead times, thats the first I’ve heard of issues with a diamond housing… that’s not self inflicted of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom