High-end stereo upgrade results (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SHarr5184 said:
Here are some pictures of what I have done with the stereo...would love to see some others! It isn't the best looking thing in the world, but to get what I wanted it works. Let me know if you have any questions.

:frown: Why oh why do you guys just chop panels and use those GOD UGLY speaker grills. They just kill the whole look of the interior. Sooo sad. Do some real work to make everything work behind the stock panels and that would be impressive.

You can't (at least in my '93) fit much of a speaker behind the stock door grills. the proximity of the window makes it physically impossible to fit most any 6" driver without using spacers.

I'll get a picture of my front doors up. I think they look pretty good.

Hayes

Bear80 said:
:frown: Why oh why do you guys just chop panels and use those GOD UGLY speaker grills. They just kill the whole look of the interior. Sooo sad. Do some real work to make everything work behind the stock panels and that would be impressive.

I looked into so many options, but without building a pod for the speakers to go into that will add depth to the door panel, you cannot fit a 6.5" speaker in a cruiser, the magnets are simple too big. The requires cutting the whole door panel and molding something for the speakers to fit in like the guy did in the link above. When I sell the car, I can stick the old grills back on and be done with it.

Bear80, I may be mistaking but I don't recall anyone fitting a 6.5 speaker in the stock location without modification. I would really like to see that one myself.

I do take some of that back, the install by Tucker and Cruisen' Carolina used 5 1/4" speakers up front. I have a set of Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 componets setting here that I do plan to use in the front door and I have no doubt I can make them work in the front doors with the factory grills. I'll get a write up when I get time to put them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom