High Brake Pedal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We replaced the brake booster and everything work great for 2 weeks. Pedal would travel about 1/2 way to floor. Now the brakes engage with very little pedal movement. Any ideas why and where to adjust?

Thanks,
jerry

Did you adjust the push rod to spec when you installed the new booster?

I thought I had it all dialed in. Not sure what happened. It worked great for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden, the brakes engage right away.

I thought I had it all dialed in. Not sure what happened. It worked great for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden, the brakes engage right away.

I've never known it to happen, but wondering if the lock nut for the pushrod adjustment possibly backed off and allowed the pushrod to vibrate out (longer)?

There is a procedure in the FSM to adjust the pedal height, but you only do it after adjusting the booster pushrod clearance.

Agree with @1911 above. If you have a light touch you can feel the small free play at the brake pedal when your pushrod first touches the master cylinder. If that doesnt happen I would take the MC off and re-adjust the push rod. Then follow the FSM to confirm pedal height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom