HG Update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and you did make sure it was the new design gasket he put in right? :)

man, at these rates, and seeing that these things are failing left and right, one of us oughta make a bizness out of it on the West Coast... Wait until I retire from my day job.. :D

E - it is the correct part number for the new design - yes! I doubt the 'old' design is still in stock anywhere.

Original part #: 11115-66020

New superceded part #: 11115-66031

s***! 11115-66020 is what's listed on the repair order. Could any of the original design still be in existance or is that the way Yota would have listed the part the the shop?

Brent--

I'm not sure how they could have gotten a 11115-66020 unless they just happened to have one lying around.

While the part number is superceded, it does not mean that the part number actually indicates the earlier HG.

If they got the part number from some other data source other than the OEM Toyota EPC, then they might not have seen the supersession but still got the correct superceded part.

There would be no way to order the original part number because if they went to order it the part number would automatically supercede.

You probably should've bought your parts from CDan.

;)

You probably should've bought your parts from CDan.

;)

I know that, but just took the truck in. I always prefer to use Dan when I can.

Independent shop that went and got the parts from Yota...probably the local dealer.

I know that, but just took the truck in. I always prefer to use Dan when I can.
Independent shop that went and got the parts from Yota...probably the local dealer.

I wouldn't fret Brent. If they got their parts from Toyota, then they probably got the correct part.

as long as they didn't use a valve cover gasket as the HG... :D

as long as they didn't use a valve cover gasket as the HG... :D

Now that's funny!!! :lol::lol::lol: Thanks for a good chuckle this morning E!

I wouldn't fret Brent. If they got their parts from Toyota, then they probably got the correct part.

That's what I think too. Hell...now that I know the original wend 202K and not 125K and then 77K, I'm feeling much better anyway. Probably is a casse that the part search brought up the original part number and that's what they asked for and it was fullfilled with the superceded part. Very typical. Thanks for the info Beno!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom